Prestwick, South Ayrshire
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Check Manager on a permanent basis. Responsible for the day-to-day management of aircraft maintenance input ensuring all materials, resources and facilities required to deliver the check on time, at the right cost and to the required standard are available.
The Check Manager will be the principle point of contact for the customer ensuring that all customer expectations are fully met. Responsible for ensuring all Regulatory requirements and company procedures are adhered too along with all health and safety requirements.
Role: Check Manager
Salary: Upon Application
Hours: 5,5,4 Shift Pattern
- Deliver on-time delivery of customer aircraft to the agreed budget and to the required standard to the satisfaction of the customer
- Use C-certification privileges to Issue a Certificate of Release to Service following base input
- Management of the customer work pack and all associated paperwork in line with regulatory requirements and company procedures, and issue of the final CRS post maintenance
- Ensure that the standard of paperwork and handovers is as per company policy.
- Attend customer progress meetings and to update and report to the customer the progress of maintenance inputs.
- Attend planning pre input meetings for aircraft inputs.
- Ensure that there is awareness for human factors in the workplace and these are taken into consideration.
- Management and control of departmental expenditure within the agreed budget
- Ensure correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities
- Management, development and training of direct reporting staff using performance appraisals and competency assessments
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of requirements and any associated changes in relation to company health and safety policies and procedures as they apply to aircraft maintenance operations, with specific focus on working at height and the use of plant & machinery
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
Experience & Qualifications
- Hold the right to work in the UK – proof is required as part of our shortlisting process.
- UK CAA license with at least 2 engine type approvals.
- Previous similar experience in a management role, ideally in a Base Maintenance environment.
- Have a good standard of written/ spoken English, including the ability to interact at a technical level.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka