Chief Engineer – Rotary
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
On behalf of our client, a prestigious VVIP operation based in the Middle East, we are recruiting for a Chief Engineer – Rotary on a permanent basis. As the Chief Engineer – Rotary, you will manage the Helicopters maintenance control center team, provide guidance and support to the duty managers within MCC and together with the OCC duty managers make sound decisions to ensure dispatch reliability and On-Time Performance (OTP) is at the highest standard, without compromise to safety, delivering a successful mission every time.
Role: Chief Engineer – Rotary
Location: Middle East
- Manage the daily contracted services of the maintenance service provider to Helicopters
- Develops and maintains a workable shift plan that meets all operational requirements for helicopter operations around the Kingdom and MCC. that meets the requirements of the GMM and respects fatigue and staff wellbeing.
- Manage the effective achievement of sub-department objectives by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating the team to maximize performance.
- Organize and co-ordinate the execution of all the short term maintenance required to deliver an effective and responsive service of all helicopters to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Plan and coordinate the work of the maintenance staff to ensure the maximum serviceability, 24-hour availability, and operability of all helicopters and its equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance Control (MCC) will review the helicopter technical status in relation to the level of the deferred defects, spares, helicopter part loans and any technical activity across the fleet; to ensure the maximum technical dispatch level and high-quality maintenance standards.
- Ensures all defects, Non-Routine, MEL deferrals are evaluated, actioned, and rectified prior to the next flight IAW standards on Defect rectification and paperwork.
Experince, Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrable level of competency associated with 12 years of experience as an engineer in the aviation industry.
- At least 3 years of managing a maintenance department.
- Worked in all areas of maintenance, wide range of experience from heavy maintenance, line maintenance, planning.
- Maintenance control center experience of 2-3 years. Minimum Qualifications:
- Helicopter Maintenance Engineers License.
- Previously form 4 holder level. Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of helicopter engineering and maintenance.
- Detailed understanding of safety management systems surrounding helicopter operating processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of downtime analysis and good knowledge of problem-solving tools.
- Good understanding of maintenance planning and the scheduling of staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Proficiency in English (must)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka