Chief Mechanical Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has an opportunity for a Chief Mechanical Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. As the Chief Engineer, you will be providing technical expertise, guidance and review in the areas of systems engineering, thermo-mechanical, mechanism and design across product lines and projects.
Role: Chief Mechanical Engineer
Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Hours: Full Time, flexible working available
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and review to multi-disciplined engineers in the field of mechanical, thermal and mechanisms design and verification in support of successful project execution.
- Promote Systems Engineering within the projects Teams – trade-offs, requirements management, risk management, interface control
- Maintains links into the space industry community to keep track of relevant mechanical engineering tools, equipment and software which allows mechanical engineering output to be delivered in a cost effective and innovative manner
- Ensures that relevant mechanical engineering policies, processes and procedures are in place which allows mechanical engineering output to be delivered in a consistent and quality manner
- Works with CE, BD, systems engineers and project leadership to establish cost effective product roadmaps, technology strategy and DDVP’s
- Works with CE and project leadership to develop technical risk mitigation strategies, risk registers and perform FMECA
- Promote the pragmatic application of relevant ECSS and other industry standards within the project teams
- To complete any other tasks as commensurate with the level and nature of the post as delegated by the Chief Engineer
- Batchelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering or related subject. –
- Engineering leadership experience at a senior technical level within the aerospace/space industry.
- Proven experience of technical support to complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Knowledge of relevant ECSS or equivalent space industry standards
- Experienced user of one or more software packages for mechanical, thermal or mathematical modelling (e.g. SolidWorks professional, FEMAP/Nastran, TMG Maya, Matlab).
- Pragmatic and logical approach to problem solving – An excellent communicator, who can effectively convey ideas and solutions to people who have limited knowledge of thermo-mechanical engineering concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, teamworking and relationship building skills
- Excellent prioritisation and organisation with demonstrative ability in supporting multiple projects
- Inherent curiosity and openness to learn – Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of RF/EMC and antenna design a distinct advantage.
Limited domestic and international travel with few long away-from-home stays (less than 10% of working time) are expected for this role
Moderate domestic travel for customer visits is expected for this role
*Due to the sensitive nature of the projects being worked on it is essential that the role holder has UK Government National Security Vetting to SC (Security Check) or DV (Developed Vetting) level. If this is not already in place the candidate must be able to successfully gain SC clearance meeting the following obligations: a candidate will normally need to have been a UK resident for at least five years and undergo the following: Completion of BPSS. A full security questionnaire. Checks on criminal records, credit and financial history, and Security Service records.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka