Client Services Manager (Freight Forwarding Industry)
Share this job
I am seeking to recruit a Client Services Manager for a permanent role near Horsham, West Sussex.
Previous freight forwarding industry experience is essential for this role.
The business offers bespoke multi-modal shipment solutions, storage & packaging services, industry expertise and prides themselves on cultivating long-term customer relationships.
The successful Client Services Manager will oversee day to day operations, customer service and overall progression of the company. The role will focus on supporting the ongoing relationship and development of each customer through a strategic and coherent plan, resulting in long term retention, brand protection, customer loyalty and revenue growth.
Role: Client Services Manager
Location: Near Horsham
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday (08:30-17:30)
- Oversee strategic growth of current customers through regular business reviews.
- Ensure good communication and working relationships are maintained with clients, overseas agents & suppliers.
- Identify further opportunities with existing customers and implantation.
- Identify customer service trends and determine system improvements.
- Ensure incremental improvements are made on building stronger customer relationships.
- Build own Customer relationship with key accounts which may involve Customer entertainment/visits.
- Provide a personalised service to each individual client.
- Expand value – added services to support customer global growth objectives.
- Drive service improvements.
- Create improved efficiency of operations and lower costs.
- Provide weekly/monthly customer performance reports.
- Coordinate Air, Road and Sea shipments to/from the UK and Cross Trade movements from start to finish.
- Ensure accuracy with billing and strong commercial judgment on margins per customer.
- Support the operations team in fulfilling all customer requirements.
- Update track/trace customer portals.
- Prepare and present quotations for projects, ad-hoc and regular movements.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Assist the operations team in the on-call rota. This is shared equally between the staff.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Strong understanding of the freight forwarding industry with the knowledge to step into others’ roles if required.
- Ability to create/write and articulate reports and customer proposals.
- Strong management skills to promote positive business results.
- Proven customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Possess a ‘go the extra mile’ mentality.
- Good MS Office skills
- Emotional resilience, self-reflecting and open to feedback.
- Strong time management and good initiative.
Salary details available on application.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Stores and Inspection Technician
Principle Building Control Inspector
Engine MRO Customer Programs Manager
Goods Inwards Inspector
Material Inventory Controller
Building Construction Project Leader
System Modelling Engineer