Commercial Contract Manager
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies demanding the highest standard of service. On behalf of our Saudi based client, a specialist aero engine MRO & production facility, we are recruiting for an experienced Contracts Manager.
- Riyadh based.
- Long Term Contract
- Tax Free Salary
- Flights/Accommodation/Medical Ins/Car provided.
The position requires a professionally qualified Contracts Manager, who has extensive experience in commercial contracts and commercial management of large programs. Within this role, the candidate will ensure all support contracts are fit for purpose by liaising with all relevant and related departments to contracts. The candidate will oversee all types of contracts/agreements between our client and engine OEMs/suppliers/vendors/governmental and non-governmental customers by preparing, reviewing, and drafting contracts. Negotiating contract terms with internal and external stakeholders. Reviewing and updating existing contracts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Draft, review, manage & maintain commercial and contractual arrangements (e.g., MOUs, NDAs, framework agreements, teaming agreements, collaborative arrangements, license agreements, MRO services agreements, etc.).
- Effective day-to-day management of owned contracts with day-to-day budget management of the vendor and MRO contracts.
- Serve as the primary interface between the Company and the customer’s contracting authority for all contractual matters.
- Ensure operations continue to deliver high standards in line with and beyond contractual service levels to deliver services to customers.
- Conduct pre-contract and post-contract award reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure the contractual obligations are known, understood, and being properly addressed.
- To manage and evolve the engagement and ongoing relationship with one or more engine OEMs/suppliers/vendors ensuring the delivery of agreed services and quality at the lowest cost.
- Analysis and management of contract risks and preparation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Coordination of interfaces between departments such as BD, Legal Affairs, Operations, Engineering and Finance to ensure contracts accurately reflect the statement of work.
- Coordinate to prepare all formal communications with the customer contract authority.
- Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority
- Responsible for contract management based on Contract Lifecycle Management System and templates.
- Support bid management activities and contracts negotiations.
- Coordinate with the Operations division (and other divisions) to ensure that the suppliers/vendors meet their contractual obligations, taking appropriate actions to ensure plans are implemented to return to the required levels.
- Work with Supply Chain and Procurement to negotiate the best commercial and operational terms with vendors for defined elements of overall deals.
- Conduct assessments of commercial capabilities and cultural compatibility.
- Implements best practices in contracting and deal creations, including i.e., undertaking legal audits, developing contracting and deal templates, and providing required training.
- Responsible for the operational contract governance, implementing changes as the business needs evolve.
- Responsible for facilitating the resolution of contractual disputes and collecting any resulting values.
- Advise and provide legal advice on different Intellectual Property topics such as patents, trademarks & copyrights.
- Expert in the U.S. government procurement system (FAR and DFAR, CAS) buying and selling; and
- Ensure the company remains fully compliant with all contractual requirements and all applicable laws and regulations related to the contract.
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in law / master’s in law (LLB/LLM) or any equivalent.
- 10 to 15 years minimum working in commercial contract management in defence /aviation /security /industrial markets.
- In-depth knowledge of English law/English legal contracting principles.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with successful experience in contracts in US/UK and international markets; and
- Experience in bidding to and managing contracts in the US/UK and international aviation or defence or security markets.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior-level management on highly technical matters.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- An extensive knowledge of the development and management of commercial and operational support contracts.
- Experienced in managing relationships with internal business and large external suppliers and OEMs by the development of relationships to ensure the mutual business needs are met.
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills; presents a calm and professional behaviour;
- Proven to take full accountability for the planning and delivering commercially viable options to the business.
- A self-starter with the tenacity and resilience to manage obstacles and delays without losing focus; and Excellent in planning and coordinating events to ensure contracts are fit for purpose and deliver within the operational budgets.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka