Commercial & Contracts Manager based in 1 of 3 locations
£55.00 - £60.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Commercial and Contracts Manager to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Commercial and Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for managing a range of Contractual and Commercial topics including:
Ongoing Contractual and Commercial Management of a large single source contract with the UK MOD
Providing commercial support to proposals on a large UK contract and future UK MOD and UK HMG bids
The position is within the Sales and Marketing organisation within the Secure Communications programme line.
You will be joining a commercial team of approx. 10 and a wider programme of 100+.
This position can be based at our sites in Newport, South Wales, Stevenage or Portsmouth and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
Role: Commercial and Contracts Manager
Pay: £60.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Newport, Stevenage or Portsmouth
Contract: 6 months (Possible extension)
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid 3 days onsite and 2 days WFH)
Security Clearance: Current SC Clearance
As a Commercial & Contracts Manager, your main Missions and Activities will be:
- Ongoing Contractual and Commercial Management of a large single source contract with the UK MOD
- Management of all Commercial and Contractual aspects of allocated contracts including supporting the development of new opportunities and services within a large UK contract
- Providing Commercial support to bids as required
- Lead in the negotiation of a variety of contractual agreements and changes
- Work closely with and manage key stakeholders to deliver profitable commercial solutions ensuring that commercial risks are highlighted and mitigated and required governance is followed
- Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks within the allocated contracts and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly
- Manage existing contracts in accordance with company procedures and contractual requirements, to ensure efficient and accurate performance of commercial activities, change management and prompt payment of invoices
- Responsible for management of the commercial aspects of the applicable bidding
- process to establish the nature of new requirements, preparation of bid and governance paperwork, review and negotiation of terms and conditions of contracts and agreements
- Develops rapport/relationship with customers to ensure smooth running of existing contracts
- Works flexibly providing support to the wider business as required to provide best in class commercial guidance and management
- Employ Commercial best practice, efficiency and responsiveness within an ethical environment
- Experience in managing UK MOD single source contracts / Competitive Bids and implementing the Single Source Contracting Regulations on those contracts
- Experience of working with the UK MOD on a range of proposals and contracts
- Some experience in preparing and executing winning proposals with sound experience of customer dialogue / negotiation to secure new sales and maximise profitability both within existing contracts and as part of new bids
- Proven abilities as a self-starter, capable of delivering high quality complex workload with minimum supervision
- Proven negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence across a range of stakeholders
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
A business related degree
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”