Share this job
My client is looking for a Commercial Supervisor to join them on a permanent basis. As the Commercial Supervisor you will be responsible for quoting and overseeing ad-hoc Charter enquiries, airfreight enquiries and flight management.
The role will deal directly with the Company’s key clients and liaise closely with the Company’s in house Operations department.
Role: Commercial Supervisor
Contract: Permanent, Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Location: West Sussex
- The efficient administration of the Commercial Department in all aspects including the organisation, efficiency, welfare, and performance of Commercial team members.
- The coordination and scheduling of departmental resources to ensure optimum deployment and efficient use of all resources, including but not limited to personnel.
- Providing training where appropriate to meet current and future business requirements of the department.
- Assistance in the development and implementation/adherence of Commercial procedures and processes.
- Effective monitoring and motivation of team members through coaching and communication, goal setting and performance management.
- Production and reporting of key operational statistics and performance indicators for senior management purposes where requested.
- Direct client liaison where required to both internal and external clients/stakeholders representing the company in the appropriate manner.
- Quoting for ad-hoc charter flights
- Liaising closely with key clients.
- Flight Management.
- Close coordination with Operations, Handling Agents and group overseas offices.
- Processing flight paperwork and administration related to bookings
Required skills, Experience and Competencies:
- A proven background in a Logistics/Customer service environment to deliver exceptional service levels.
- A passion for both aviation and service delivery with knowledge of working in a highly regulated industry. Demonstrable knowledge of air freight terminology and documentation
- A strong understanding of the commercial principles underpinning the core business requirement and a demonstrated ability to exercise commercial judgment in line with operational objectives.
- Good IT knowledge of all Microsoft office systems
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate a team/colleague.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience of interaction at all levels including clients, senior management and board level.
- A highly analytical eye for detail with tenacity and proactivity.
- A flexible approach to working hours – the role may require out of hours work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Asset Team Leader
Repair Management Executive
CAD Process Engineer
Test Operation Support Engineer
Electrical Skilled Production Technician
AIT Skilled Production Technician
OCC Duty Manager
Quality Technical Support
Actuation lab co-ordinator