£30.00 - £33.90 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for an Interim Contract Administrator to join on them on a 9-month contract until the end of 2022. As an Interim Contracts Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the UK CTO team responsible for Research & Technology (R&T) Business Development and Partnerships.
The person will support the contracts managers who engage in collaborative Government funded contracts, which provide public funding for Research and Technology (R&T) projects, focused on specific funding bodies and for bid preparation, contract negotiation and contract fulfilment.
Role: Interim Contracts Administrator
Pay: £33.90 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Filton, Bristol (Hybrid working 3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 9 Months until the end of 2022 – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
The job holder will work closely with stakeholders (IP/Legal/engineering) and external partners to support administration and negotiation of a range of R&T contractual agreements.
The job holder will also support production and collation of contractual documentation for funding proposals which will require an interface with the funding agency (BIS/ATI/Innovate UK) for specific contracts, and collaborative partners.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bids for public funding, assembles the required data (technical content; tax-payer value for money; strategic fit; partner rationale; exploitation plans….) in close collaboration with contract managers, technical experts and partners, and establishes the contract costs. (20%)
- Provides the administration and supports the negotiation of the contract requirements with the funding body, establishes collaborative research agreements with partners (including IP terms), and completes the bid submissions process to achieve the best outcome. To effectively integrate between the R&T partner and teams (CTO; Legal; Engineering; Procurement ….) to secure an acceptable set of terms. (20%)
- Administration of the contract, ensures deliverables and milestones, risks and opportunities (technical deliverables and risks and opps remain the responsibility of the technical project leader(s)) are correctly reported and triggers claims for contract payments. Manages change within the project, following company priorities and steering the strategic direction of the project. Track and administer the project management deliverables required by the monitoring organisation (e.g. Innovate UK) such as plans, deliverable lists, financial forecast and risks and opportunities registers. (30%)
- Administer contract reporting to the funding agency, assembling and presenting the information required under the terms of the contract, by the funding agency, including any contract amendments and maintains the contract database to support internal reporting and forward planning. Prepare the documentation to enable “Project Review Meetings” generally held quarterly for each contract (20%).
- Support contract status reporting, maintains the contract database with relevant and topical data, and supports the preparation of management information for financial reporting and AOP planning. (10%)
This role will possibly involve travel for business and as such the jobholder must be able to travel accordingly.
- Contracting experience with legal awareness including IP.
- Well organised team player.
- Organisation in terms of quality and timeliness.
- Time management skills of self and others, including ability to work under pressure/workload prioritisation
- Awareness of the security of data and export sensitivities.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Higher education, specialising in Business or Engineering related.
- Customer or supplier facing experience.
- Politically astute.
- Personable / GSOH – Interaction with Government agencies and ministers / Suppliers / Legal / Manufacturing / Engineering and Finance, etc.
- Tension / Competition resilience.
- Self-starter attitude, pro-activity and involvement.
- Negotiation level of English.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Human Resources Business Partner
Fixed Asset Accountant
VIP Private Jet Charter Broker
Senior Warranty Specialist