Control Systems Engineer
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
Share this job
My Bracknell based client is growing and is now seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join them on a 6 month contract until November 2023.
- Role: Control Systems Engineer
- Hours: Monday to Friday 7.5 hours per day (9am to 17.15 / 37.5 per week)
- Salary: £35 – £40 per hour PAYE
- Location: Bracknell
- Contract: 6 months
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application.
- A drug screening is required on all successful candidates prior to starting the assignment.
This role is based in a strategic business unit within the Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) business unit of the international company. The role improves the safety, reliability, efficiency and sustainability of industrial facilities on every continent around the world. With more than 12,000 employees in 120 countries, the company offers a full range of industry-leading automation and control solutions and advanced software applications to key vertical industries, including oil & gas, mining, refining, pulp & paper, power, chemical, and life sciences.
As a Control Systems Engineer you will:
* Ensure that the project ICSS (Integrated Control and safety Systems) technical requirements and solutions are fully defined and agreed and implemented;
* Ensure that required ICSS prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule etc.) are in place prior;
* Ensure that the engineered ICSS solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, applicable standards and quality;
* Monitor and control assigned ICSS work scope against the project plan, ensure effective change control and identify risks / opportunities;
* Ensure that work assignments and sub-contracted ICSS work scope are executed to appropriate technical requirements, standards and quality systems;
* Have good communication skills;
* Have very good knowledge of Honeywell ICSS hardware/software platforms (Experion, FSC & Safety Manager) with experience in the following areas:
* ICSS Architectures;
* Functional Design Specification;
* Detailed Design Specification;
* Application Build (Controls Coding, SCADA, Bulk Building, FSC/SM Coding);
* HMI (Graphics, HMIWeb SP, HMI Scripting);
* Communication Interface (Modbus TCP/IP, OPC);
* Networks (Design, Domain Configuration, Firewall Configuration, Switch Configuration;
* Test Procedures;
* Factory Acceptance Testing;
* Site Acceptance Testing;
* Commissioning Support;
* Safety Instrumented System Architectures;
* Current Industry Guidelines/Standards (e.g., IEC 61508/IEC 61511);
* Management of Functional Safety;
* Management of Change;
* Schedule Management.
* Experience in the design and development of distributed control systems and/or SCADA systems.
* Experience dealing directly with customers and project design life cycles
* Ability to produces technical design and verification specifications and provide technical support and expertise for the project team.
* Experience working as a technical interface with 3rd party suppliers to assure correct integration of 3rd party systems or solutions
* Application software and hardware designs experience
* Experience working on the Honeywell portfolio of automation systems solutions would be an advantage but not essential.
* Corporate experience working for industry leading matrix organisation
* Additional languages would be a benefit
* Excellent communication skills
* Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
* Ability to work within
A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship is desirable but not essential
An engineering degree preferably in Automation and Control or Electrical Engineering, although other engineering degrees will be considered
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”