Customs Entry Clerk
Share this job
Our client is a renowned and long-established transport and logistics specialist with an extensive worldwide network. As part of their ongoing commitment to providing excellence in everything they do, the company delivers customised, reliable, and cost-effective solutions. Due to a recent surge in business activity our client is now looking for a Customs Entry Clerk to join the existing team at the company’s Liverpool office.
Reporting to the Customs Supervisor, you will be responsible for clearing goods in a timely manner both in and out of the UK. You will work with air freight, shipping, road, and rail, ensuring full compliance at all times and overseeing customs declarations formalities.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Printing scanned shipping documents and creating job files
- Issuing Unique Consignment Reference Number for Duty Management Shipments
- Obtaining UCN for Cargo from inventory systems – DESTIN8, CNS.
- Creating Simplified Frontier Declaration (SFD) or Full Customs Entry
- For each SFD creating a supplementary entry (SDI)
- Checking pending clearances that are being examined, unloading at ERTS or ICD or otherwise delayed
- Dealing with queries or Customs post actions as appropriate
- Creating Export entry
- Managing special procedures such as IPR, end use, and specialised CPC codes
- Managing transit documents allowing goods to move through countries to the end destination
- Managing Customer relationships for your accounts
- Ensuring accuracy of declarations with excellent attention to detail
- Maintaining client Customs Warehouse records
- Reporting maintenance
- Regime management – ie: IP, Bonded warehouse
- UCR management
- Invoicing clients
- Any other delegated tasks deemed as reasonable as assigned by the reporting manager
Required Skills and Experience:
- Customs entry experience an advantage
- E-Customs or similar customs software exposure
- Port CSP Software
- Use of the Customs Tariff
- A good understanding of Customs formalities
- Ability to manage a mailbox
- Ability to grasp procedures/processes quickly.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle pressure with good time-management skills
- High motivated and results orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to Anthony Cockburn at Line Up Aviation.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airport Services Duty Supervisor
Senior Airport Services Agent
Airport Services Duty Officer
Executive Handling Station Manager – Menorca
Executive Handling Station Manager – Madrid
Executive Handling Station Manager – Sevilla
Executive Handling Station Manager – Jerez de la Frontera
Executive Handling Station Manager – Santander
Executive Handling Station Manager – Bilbao