Share this job
I am working with a fantastic client in Malta who are looking for Design Engineer. As the Design Engineer you will actively support and contribute towards the successful certification of aircraft repairs and modifications. You will take responsibility of compiling design data that will be used to certify projects ranging from external liveries to changes in cabin interiors and systems on a wide variety of aircraft types.
Role: Design Engineer
Salary: On Application
- Active involvement in preliminary, intermediate, and critical design reviews with all team members including the Head of Design, the Head of the Office of Airworthiness and the Compliance Verification Engineer(s).
- Liaising with customers and operators to clearly identify their requirements and subsequently to formulate an optimal solution.
- Liaising with suppliers, equipment manufacturers and aircraft OEMs to actively match their input with customer and certification requirements.
- Generation of compliance data and other documents such as, but not limited to, structural/mechanical drawings, equipment reviews, accomplishment instructions and basic structural substantiations.
- Compilation of certification documents inherent to the process of approving changes and repairs on aircraft.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory and technological developments related to aircraft modification design and certification.
- Engineering Degree at MQF Level 6; OR Technical qualification at MQF Level 5 along with 1-3 years’ experience in a technical field. OR Part 66 B1/B2 licence with 1-2 years of aircraft maintenance work experience.
- Previous work experience in an aviation environment (Part 21, Part M, Part 145, etc) will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with CAD software (such as Autocad, Solidworks or Inventor) will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Methodical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Skilled in the ability to clearly articulate and communicate technical content in written format.
- A team player willing to support and learn from colleagues and superiors.
- Willing to assume ownership and accountability for all tasks assigned.
- Driven to seek solutions from any relevant source of information.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Airside Operations Technical and Regulations Manager
Airside Safety and Assurance Manager
NH90 B1.3/B2 ground instructor
AW Simulator Instructor
Technical Production Planner
Systems Design Engineer
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Manufacturing
Quality Inspector (Aviation Workshop)