£50.00 - £52.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for providing support to the development team in terms of network, environment and Continuous Integration. You will research and develop initiatives to further automate the development and integration process using your experience of Jenkins as a Continuous Integration tool. Additionally, you will use your experience in embedded software within complex systems to analyse, design, implement and test software solutions for modem products and associated communications systems.
Role: DevOps Engineer
Pay: £52.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Onsite then hybrid 3 days onsite and 2 wfh)
Security Clearance: Basic but SC would be desirable
About the Project
Defence and Space has a long history of developing and operating bespoke world leading satellite communications solutions for government agencies including supporting the UK Armed Forces, and its NATO Allies with the Skynet military communications system.
Defence and Space continues to develop bespoke solutions but is now also leveraging its expertise to develop a product offering of a world leading secure and resilient satellite communications system available to both corporations and government agencies alike.
Description of the Job
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with C++ development experience to join Defence and Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Modem team within the Product Engineering group.
The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a talented multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers.
Primarily, you will provide support to the development team in terms of network, environment and Continuous Integration. You will research and develop initiatives to further automate the development and integration process using your experience of Jenkins as a Continuous Integration tool.
Additionally, you will use your experience in embedded software within complex systems to analyse, design, implement and test software solutions for modem products and associated communications systems.
You may not have a complete understanding of the engineering techniques and technical aspects of satellite modem systems, but we’ll be happy to teach you through a combination of working with our existing team and by training.
- Building and maintaining both new and existing development tools and infrastructure
- Developing ways to automate and improve the development and release processes
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, design, implementation and integration activities associated with these solutions.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
- Experience of Jenkins administration, customisation and Pipeline configuration
- Experience of configuring VMware ESXi, vSphere or similar hypervisors
- Experience of automated test frameworks (e.g. Robot Framework, Google Test, Catch2)
- Analytical mind with excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and application of GNU/Linux toolsets
- Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite of a collaborative team-working environment
- Proven modern C++ experience in an embedded Linux environment
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”