Digital Electronics Lead Engineer
£70.00 - £79.73 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses and able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high speed ADCs / DACs.
Role: Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Pay: £79.73 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: 12 Months – 35/37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Current SC Clearance
This role is the technical design authority for all areas of the equipment hardware design. These equipment include digital processor and cryptographic equipment destined for Telecom and military payloads on various satellite platforms.
This role will be known internally as a “Hardware Responsible Engineer” for flight equipment. The role entails hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
Able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high speed ADCs / DACs.
Support to manufacture and test – may require travel to Airbus in Portsmouth.
Interface with many experts in other departments (e.g. radiation, EMC).
Customer interface on technical issues.
Generate, oversee and configure technical documentation.
- Coordination of all technical elements of the project, working with and overseeing the work of design engineers in the same functional team
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce and review circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Produce and review detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Work closely with other engineering teams to support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- Lead technical interface to external customer and suppliers
- Provide progress updates to technical and project managers, provide inputs for scheduling and costing
- Lead engineering investigations, troubleshooting and problem resolution activity
High speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
Lifecycle experience of digital equipments – design / manufacture / test, including customer interfacing.
Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
Hardware used – debug and test validation of designs
Software used – schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
Standards/accreditations/methodologies – ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers
Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.
Space industry experience.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Degree level, electronics engineering or similar (e.g. physics)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”