Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
to join them till on an initial 6 -month contract. This role is for a Hardware responsible engineer for flight equipment. The role entails hardware aspects of requirements management, detailed design and interface specification, test specification, reports and design analyses.
You must be able to interpret circuit board designs accommodating multiple FPGA / ASICs and high-speed ADCs / DACs.
Role: Digital Electronics Lead Hardware Engineer
Pay: £50 per hour Umbrella
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 Hours a week, 6 months
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current Security Clearance
- Coordination of all technical elements of the project, working with and overseeing the work of design engineers in the same functional team
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements
- Define interfaces and digital parameters.
- Consider switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce and review circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Produce and review detailed design analysis e.g. WCA, PSA, FMECA/FMEA
- Work closely with other engineering teams to support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules.
- Interface with internal support functions e.g. radiation, thermal and mechanical design, EMC, parts procurement
- Lead technical interface to external customer and suppliers
- Provide progress updates to technical and project managers, provide inputs for scheduling and costing
- Lead engineering investigations, troubleshooting and problem resolution activity
- High speed electronic circuit board specification, schematic capture, component selection and related analyses.
- Lifecycle experience of digital equipments – design / manufacture / test, including customer interfacing.
- Sector experience of aerospace, automotive or military production over five years
- Hardware used – debug and test validation of designs
- Software used – schematic capture, layout and simulation tools (e.g. Mentor Expedition)
- Standards/accreditations/methodologies – ESA/ECSS and MIL Standards
- Experience of team leadership, mentoring junior design engineers
- Space industry experience.
- Mentor DxDesigner.
- Requirements management (DOORS) and SoC / RFD management.
Degree level, electronics engineering or similar (e.g. physics)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
PBH Account Manager
Customer Service Assistant
Configuration Document Controller
Project Management Business Partner
Material Coordinator (Aviation)
Technical Records Administrator
Customer Repair Executive