Director for Distribution of Sales – MRO & Supply Chain
Share this job
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
The client supports aircraft owners, operators and MROs with MRO solutions services for global aircraft operators and engineering providers within the aviation and aerospace sectors. They provide engineering and supply chain programs based on aircraft fleets engineering data, to global commercial airlines, aircraft owners and operators. They are an industry leading aerospace specialist, having been in the game for nearly 30 years.
The Director Distribution Sales – Americas role is the key leading and sole customer-facing outside sales agent responsible for cultivating and maintaining customer relationships in the assigned regions and/or customer lists. This role includes direct interaction with major and regional airlines (both passenger and cargo aircraft operators), MROs, OEMs and broker customers in the territory (or as otherwise assigned by management), inside Sales Managers, Distribution Program Managers and Purchasing Associates, not withstanding interaction with Finance, Quality and Compliance.
- Assigned territory for this role includes all Latin America and the Caribbean and all Regional Airlines in the Americas (including North America).
- Because of the outside sales nature of this role both international and domestic travel is required up to 60% of the time is required, although, actual travel requirements tend to vary by times of the year and timing of customer availability and industry events.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with major passenger and cargo carriers in territory (or customer list) as assigned by Distribution Team management.
- For each major assigned customer, expectation to identify key contact roster, organization chart, and develop a clear understanding of decision makers, not only in purchasing, but also in engineering, quality, accounts payable and other key customer departments needed to support all aspects of sales, engineering approval and collections process.
- Proactively present all of the client’s Products and Solutions with emphasis on OEM Distribution Products, whereby, candidate must be able to learn about all OEM Distribution Lines, learn products distributed within each to recognize relevant opportunities for the client during routine communications and visits with assigned customers.
- Communicate all relevant opportunities to all stakeholders and seek out all information and resources needed from other Distribution Team Members as needed to provide efficient and effective service, support and pricing proposals to assigned customers.
- Obtain strategic business intelligence about all assigned customers including master consumption data reports, information about specific fleet configurations or optional product selections on aircraft that drive OEM product sales opportunities, data about upcoming inventory campaigns, retrofit and modernization programs, fleet changes, fleet divestitures and/or excess inventory or whole assets like engines or whole aircraft to be offered for sale.
- Maintain knowledge of competition/marketplace trends to identify opportunities and/or strategic threats and make recommendations of strategies to mitigate threats.
- Responsible to satisfy customer sales issues/problems that may develop.
- Other duties as required or assigned by Managing Director Distribution Sales – Americas and/or Executive Vice President – Distribution
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior aviation experience and a solid working knowledge of commercial aircraft systems and aircraft engines highly desired, and specifically experience selling factory new condition OEM parts in a commercial aftermarket distributions setting preferred.
- Must have professional/native Spanish and/or Portugese.
- Must have participated in customer facing out of office meetings and networking.
- Have worked in the Americas, both North and South (LATAM) regions
- Can be a Manager now and looking for the next level of their career
- Have worked with OEM lines/products.
- Technical understanding.