Director of Maintenance – Rotary
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
The Director of Maintenance for the assigned Part 145 Repair Station business unit is responsible for the management and oversight of the Part 145 aircraft maintenance activities, including on time scheduled maintenance inputs, aircraft availability, on time departures, facilities upkeep, manning rosters, tooling and budget control for compliance of aircraft standards with OEM manuals, maintenance documentation completion providing the airworthiness compliance required by client DOM’s Part 121, Part 133 and Part 135.
Director of Maintenance (Rotary)
Employment Type: Contract 1 year renewable
Compensation: Competitive package
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
* GACA Licence/GACA Repairman Certificate
* Equivalent EASA/FAA/ICAO Type II Licence (If non-GACA Licensed)
* Thorough knowledge of GACA and other Foreign NAA P145 rules and regulations
* Previous Managerial experience and management of large P145 Maintenance teams
* Experienced in report writing, compiling business case information and audit closure implementation
* Extensive maintenance management experience of AW139 and current rotary Airbus helicopters is required.
* Promote SMS reporting and safety meetings using the safety management systems in place.
* Ensure compliance with engineering safety, use of PPE and its availability for assigned staff.
* Audit the hangar facilities, including cleanliness, regular HESS inspections, record deficiencies and ensuring remedial work is carried out.
* Promote compliance with the RSQCM, GMM (including RII & Inspection standards), TODPM P145 Work Instructions and creation of new procedures when required.
* Ensure the required engineering standards, aircraft maintenance documentation completion, Part 145 facilities are maintained.
* Attend daily ops/weekly/monthly planning meetings to report on hangar maintenance activities, advising on specific manning, tooling, test equipment and parts requirements.
* Coordination of base set ups, new contract start-ups with other key stakeholders.
* Roster planning, staff travel requirements, staff accommodation for P145 staff with the other Assistant Managers, DOM’S, Tech Ops Admin for the Repair Station on a weekly basis.
* Provide annual budget information and work within annual budget constraints for assigned business unit
* Responsibilities and accountabilities will be at times, often under tight deadlines requiring multiple tasks, with requirements to effectively deal with main base and operational requirements.
* Frequent Travel for base visits including scheduled and AOG events.
If you are interested in applying for this position please ensure that your profile meets the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Neil Leighton at Line Up Aviation.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Technical Services Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer -787
Flight Mechanics Specialist
B1 Licensed Engineer – A320 NEO
B1 Licensed Engineer
B2 Licensed Engineer
B1 or B2 Licensed Engineer – Shift Lead
B1.3 on AB412 Base Maintenance