Director of Product Line – Commercial Engine OEM
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT LINE – USA
The client supports aircraft owners, operators and MROs with MRO solutions services for global aircraft operators and engineering providers within the aviation and aerospace sectors. They provide revolutionary service-led inventory supply chain programs to global commercial airlines, aircraft owners and operators. They are an industry leading aerospace specialist, having been in the game for nearly 30 years.
Directs assigned product activities for various product line engines, including inventory management of owned/consigned engine, repair activity, vendor management, package reviews, purchasing and sales of engines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Directs all Engine Product team.
- Communicates and monitors performance expectations of all team members
- Provides direction on work assignments, priorities and timelines.
- Manages all engine inventory requirements in support of the company budget.
- Implements purchase activities as directed by Senior Management.
- Coordinates with the Manager of the Engine repair team.
- Manages whole asset purchases through the teardown process.
- Coordinates efforts of suppliers, remote inventory and warehouse departments, and global personnel to resolve logistics problems.
- Supports sales through speculative and broker purchase activities.
- Supports the development and expansion of supplier vendor base.
- Advances development of product knowledge within assigned area.
- Ensures compilation of data on standardization and interchangeability of parts and data integrity with respect to engine material.
- Performs research and/or technical studies
- Utilizes computer techniques for analysis such as Excel, Word, Engine IPC’s, Service Bulletins and Engine Manuals.
- Ensures decisions made on disposition of nonconforming product adhere to quality procedures.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent; or ten plus years sales, purchasing, product technical, supervisory and/or aviation related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
Additional Skilled Experience:
- 10+ years purchasing of inventory – hunting, proposing, and buying
- Managing teardown processes.
- Managing whole engine/asset purchases – for teardown.
- Domestic aviation engines/aircraft experience.
- Analysis for the above
Apply for this role
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer
B1 Licensed Engineer – Dhaka