Electronic Test & Repair Technician
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £25 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
Seeking an Electronic Test & Repair Technician for my client’s Basingstoke aerospace facility.
3 month contract initially with a monthly review for extension.
Aircraft operators send equipment to the repair facility for Repair, Modification or Recertification.
My client repairs aircraft equipment including computers, cockpit displays, navigation systems, radio systems, gyrocompasses and many other critical electronic components fitted to aircraft.
Main Electronic Test & Repair Technician responsibilities:
* Work in a team of over 50 technicians to perform maintenance and repair of aircraft equipment.
* Follow specific repair instructions to evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair electronic aircraft equipment within customer expected turnaround time.
* Accurately record, using our computer database system, all actions taken to repair and test the items they have worked on.
* May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, preset formulas/instruction.
* Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information.
* Orders & replaces supplies/ equipment/parts. May include preparation & sending of supplies, equipment or parts to an external customer.
* Ability to use a database system to accurately record maintenance activities.
* Use a Circuit Diagram to fault find
* Ability to use standard bench equipment in fault evaluation.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
* History of working in an environment repairing and testing complex electronic equipment to tight deadlines, recording details of all service work performed.
* Previous experience of working within the aerospace sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
* Experienced in the use of test equipment (e.g. Multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser) would be an advantage.
* ONC or HNC qualification preferred (or equivalent). Relevant work experience will be considered where there is no formal education.
* Candidates without formal qualifications to ONC levels will be considered if they have GCSE equivalent qualifications C grade or above in 3 or more STEM subjects and can demonstrate PC literacy.
· Pay rate up to £25ph dependent on skills and experience PAYE only.
· Initial contract up to 3 months in length, with a monthly review thereafter.
· Shift: 08:30-16:30 Mon-Fri.
· Drug screen required for all successful candidates, prior to starting.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer