Electronics Design Engineer
£30 - £35 per hour + plus holiday pay in addition
Share this job
I am seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to contract with my client in Yeovil, Devon.
Initial 6 month contract with a view to extension.
The successful candidate will assist in the production test and failure investigations of various electronic controllers for aerospace applications.
You will design and develop control circuitry for a novel new technology project and support the Controllers design team with ongoing projects.
* Rate of pay – £30 – £35 p/h PAYE only, plus holiday pay in addition
* Hours – 8am – 5pm Mon – Thurs and 8am – 1pm on Friday but this can be flexible. 37 hours per week
* Hybrid model – 3 days in the office & 2 days WFH after 3-4 weeks of familiarisation can be remote working but will need to be onsite for some meetings.
* Length – initially for 6 months but there is the potential for this to be a longer-term position
Main responsibilities of the Electronics Design Engineer:
· Work closely with other design teams to:
– Monitor requirements
– Produce design and test documentation in support of development operations
. Analyse and produce detailed electronic designs covering:
– Digital design
– FPGA design
– Embedded Software
– Serial data communications protocols
– Sensor interfaces
– Calibration algorithms
· Participate in design reviews
Ideal candidate profile:
· Competency in the use of a computer aided design package for schematic capture and simulation (Mentor would be an asset), as well as general PC based tools, including Word and Excel.
· Experience in electronics fault finding to component level of microcontroller circuitry
· Competency in analogue & digital design and controls theory
* The successful candidate will be required to pass a drug screen prior to starting
* Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.