Embedded Software Engineer
£54.00 - £55.00 per hour
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for an Embedded Software Engineer to join them on a 6 -month contract. As Embedded Software Engineer, you will join the Modem team within the UK System Delivery group. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers. You will research and develop aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software within complex systems.
Any potential candidates must already have SC Clearance.
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Pay: £55 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Portsmouth, 3 days onsite 2 days WFH
Contract: 6 months (Probable extension)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Must have current/transferrable Security Clearance (SC)
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification techniques.
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
Essential experience with:
- Modern C++ software engineering for target Linux platforms to a high standard
- Developing using Eclipse CDT running on a Linux based operating system
- Device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
- Git for version control
- Inter-process communication and techniques
- Unit and integration test tools (e.g. Google Test, Robot Framework)
- Atlassian toolset (e.g. Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
Desirable skills –
- Agile or Scrum working environment experience would be very beneficial
- System and software modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect (SysML / UML)