Embedded Software Engineer
£60.50 - £62.50 per hour
Share this job
I am looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join my client my client in Portsmouth You will join our Modem team within the Product Engineering group. The team is undertaking the design and implementation of a satellite communications Software Defined Radio (SDR) modem. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team containing software, system, firmware and infrastructure engineers. There will be scope in the future to work on further developments as project needs arise.
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Pay: £62.50 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 hours a week ,6 months contract
Security Clearance: Security Clearnce in place
Due to the project this role is for British Nationals only
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You will research and develop aspects of modem products and associated communications systems, using your experience in software within complex systems.
- Developing software aspects to support the operation of satellite modem products based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) technologies.
- Definition, implementation, verification and validation activities associated with these solutions.
- Work in response to requirements, defining sub-systems, communicating risk and specifying test and verification
- Occasionally diagnose software problems in the laboratory prototyping environment.
- Develop and maintain skills to support on-going and future development.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven modern C++ software engineering on Linux platforms to a high standard
- Proven modern Java software engineering on Linux/Windows platforms to a high standard
- Experience of device management interfaces (e.g. SNMP, Web) for design, implementation and test
- Experience of working with Git for version control and Eclipse CDT for development
- Knowledge and application of inter-process communication and techniques
- Experience of system and software modelling tools such as Enterprise Architect (SysML / UML)
- Experience of unit and integration test tools (e.g. Google Test, Robot Framework)
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment would be beneficial (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”