Engineering Quality Leader
Share this job
My client plays a leading role in Navaids market enabling aircraft to navigate and land safely.
With more than 10,000 Navigation aids and landing systems installed worldwide in 172 countries, he is leading the Navaids market.Their Ground Navigation portfolio offers a complete range of products which includes the latest generation of ILS, DME, VOR and TACAN systems.
Our Client is looking for:
Role: Engineering Quality Leader
Pay: To be defined based on experience
Location: Milan – Italy
The Engineering will ensure the implementation of processes, practices and specific tools, to make sure quality on product development is in line with the Group defined processes (CHORUS) as well as the technical requirements and international regulations (ISO, AQAP, etc.).
The Engineering QL will ensure that the Solution developed (HW and SW) is complying with both Customer and Company requirements and with the applicable standards and regulations, with the required and expected level of Quality.
The Engineering QL support the Development teams in identifying and resolving problems, assuring that the relevant processes, practices and standards have been followed, and that the products and services delivered to the customer meet the defined requirements.
- He/She analyse Company Quality and requirements verifying the process adherence in each development phases,
- He/She support the Quality Assurance activities including Supplier Quality Assurance to ensure the Solution is in line with Customer expectations, contractual requirements, quality standards (HW and SW) and with the risk mitigation objectives,
- He/She analyse the data resulting from audits, return and customer complaints, alert and veto right, to prevent the risks,
- He/She approve or make sure of the formal approval of the conformity of products and to be in charge of the follow-up of the complaints from the customers,
- He/She contribute as required to project reviews supplying feedback by using the quality advices,
- He/She support and verify tailoring activities of company practices and their result in the relevant existing documentation,
- He/She support and verify the process implementation applicable at Development Level (HW and SW) with Internal Audits and/or follow-up,
- He/She support the ISO 9001 and AS9100 certifications as well as the AQAP 2110/2210 adherence
List of main activities:
– Assure Quality requirements Company and Customer
– Manage compliance to Quality Assurance requirements and their flow down to the Engineering Team
– Define and apply the Quality Management System and relevant Quality Plan specific for the development project (HW and SW)
– Assure the quality of purchased solutions in collaboration with System Engineering Managers by participation to FAT, or inspection
– If necessary, Assess and qualify suppliers and their performances in collaboration with Procurement and SiPM
– Identify structural risks for supplier involved in the development project in collaboration with all other QAMs, and collaborate with SiPM in the improvement of performances with the involved suppliers
– Assure that Anomalies, Non-conformities and Alerts are followed and closed through the managed Non-Conformities process
– Support the Certifications (AS-9100- ISO 9001 and AQAP 2110 for process adherence)
– Collaborate with the System Engineering Manager to establish the Certificate of Conformity
– Exercise Alert Duty and Veto Right in case of non-resolution of problems and escalate it to the correspondent management organization, Manage and capitalise on alerts and vetoes.
– Complies with auditing plan and conduct audits to the projects then follow up the Non-Conformity raised in the Audit since closure out.
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Engineering QL is responsible for monitoring the participation of key contributors and making sure that clear governance rules are followed in the management of the product line.
He/She assures that the product complies with technical and non-technical requirements and appropriate quality standards, and reviews the synchronization periods on the product life cycle to make sure that all key actions have been taken before each decision-making step.
DEVELOPMENT QUALITY ASSURANCE
The Engineering QL is responsible for assuring that the technical and non-technical requirements of the customer are recorded, understood and managed by all members of the development team. They ensure that the development deliverables comply with the defined process, the customer’s requirements and with all applicable standards and legislation.
He/She is responsible for providing guidance and support to the development team in determining the appropriate and effective use of process and validates the resultant project plans. He is responsible for adjusting the quality assurance actions, including project assessment activities, to focus on project and business risks and recording the lessons learned.
He/She assesses the execution of the development, in reference to the agreed project plans. He/she evaluates deliverables through peer reviews, and ensures visibility of the assessment through the monthly quality advice report.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ASSURANCE Contribution
The Engineering QL works in collaboration with the procurement function, the SiPM (Supplier Industrial Performance Manager) and the I&S QAM to provide all the necessary feedback and support as much as possible better supplier relationship management.
In this context it would be considered a plus the knowledge of the main production processes of electronic boards (PCBA)
At least 7 years of Quality Assurance activities or senior experience in similar positions.
– Education/Qualifications University degree (Engineering or technical disciplines) or equivalent (Electronic is
– Experience in Quality in Engineering/Development teams (preferable within Electronics/ Aerospace context)
- Applications with proven experience in at least two of the following three areas will be given greater consideration:
- AGILE at SCALE (SW, HW, SYSTEM Integration)
- IVVQ Strategy
- Standardization (Configuration Management mindset)
– Process Analysis and Improvement
– Knowledge of Quality Plan/ Quality Inspection & Test Plan
– Quality Standards ISO 9001 / AS9100 and AQAP 2110 knowledge
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– IT tools (MS Office)
– Key attitudes: Result/Customer Orientation, Self-motivation, Critical Thinking, Flexibility and high capacity to
work within multicultural teams
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to speak fluently in English
LANGUAGES (besides Italian): English, fluent in writing and speech
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Rodolfo Oliveira at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Supply Chain Quality Manager
Business Method Engineer
Process Planning Engineer
Quality Conformance Engineer
Warehouse & Logistics Specialist
Technical Records Administrator