Enterprise Systems Lead
Share this job
In partnership with our client, the first full-service airline to be launched in over 17 years, we are pleased to invite applications for the position of Enterprise Systems Lead.
This position will be based in Riyadh, offering a unique and exciting opportunity to influence what will become the new standard of international air travel.
The role will see the successful candidate ensuring the delivery of value to the business through technology initiatives that enable business benefits such as revenue growth, cost optimization and improved customer experience. Time, budget and quality are key performance indicators of delivery.
This role will drive collaboration with the business and ensure the portfolio of work within the Enterprise & Corporate function is prioritized in line with business objectives. This function will include enterprise wide systems relating to back office functions, like ERP – Financials, Procurement & Inventory Management, Revenue Accounting, HR, Payroll, Legal, and Admin.
The Lead Enterprise Systems will be responsible for the flow of value from concept to delivery and will own the benefit realization of all initiatives delivered by the value stream. The lead will maintain a hybrid portfolio that is delivering in both agile and waterfall and will be responsible for deciding the most suitable delivery methodology to achieve the desired business outcomes.
This role will work with key stakeholders from the business and Digital Technology and Innovation to allocate resources to autonomous teams to deliver the technology initiatives. Their purpose is to optimize capacity ensuring maximum throughput of work within the constraints of the budget.
- Shall have the overall responsibility for systems in Operations Control Centre (OCC), Flight Operations, Flight Dispatch, Flight Safety, Crew Scheduling and Engineering functions.
- Take a leadership role in shaping the product strategy with the relevant business stakeholder for the Enterprise Value Stream which will include, for example, HR, Finance and Procurement.
- Engage the stakeholders across the company to understand and map out technology specific needs, opportunities, and challenges. Deploy best in class technology solutions to facilitate next generation and appropriate corporate technology solutions.
- Develop a systematic and cohesive plan to drive deliverables.
- Develop product and technology strategy, budgets, programs, and initiatives based on the needs of the carrier to help achieve its objectives.
- Strategically plan the insourcing / outsourcing and right sizing delivery capability to meet the capacity and skills requirements of the value streams.
- Establish a clear set of best practices to be shared across technology teams.
- Lead teams of Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers and Business Analysts providing line management and performance management of the teams.
- Lead and motivate high performing cross functional delivery teams that will consist of resources from other areas of the Digital Technology and Innovation function e.g. DevOps.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive & operational advantage.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Create an environment that enables autonomous teams by fostering a culture of open and honest communication, a shared vision, retrospection and recognition.
- Support complex, strategic technology programs by driving planning, timing and reporting to ensure delivery of program commitment.
- Coordinate and align efforts across matrix-managed teams to define and maintain program goals and schedules.
- Manage ongoing work through a strategic framework, leveraging program management tools and reporting to drive program deliverables.
- Accountable for the proactive identification of cross value stream risks, issues and dependencies, acting where necessary to ensure swift resolution.
- Drive alignment and adherence to standards and direction set by a newly adopted operating model.
- Facilitate program-level issues and change management resolution.
- Responsible for deciding the appropriate delivery model (agile or waterfall) best suited to deliver an initiative.
- Leverage technical expertise and relationships with SME’s (subject matter experts) to conduct root cause analysis and solution complex operating model challenges.
- Mitigate risks and remove barriers in order to execute deliverables.
- Develop and deliver concise executive level presentations.
- Work with the PMO, Release Train Engineers and Program Managers to ensure alignment with governance, best practices, standards and processes for agile and waterfall delivery.
- Drive a culture of lean-agile working and a ‘get it done’ mentality; seek to simplify and automate processes where possible, embedding ‘modern’ waterfall principles where a waterfall delivery methodology is being used.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation related fields, engineering, statistics, economics, or in any relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of Program / Portfolio Management experience in delivering complex projects and solutions is mandatory
- 5 years of experience in Air Transport Management/Aviation is desirable in Airline / Aviation with experience leading and managing multiple complex programs
- Advanced knowledge of processes and technologies related to Enterprise ERP solutions and its interdependencies to business wide applications is essential as well as awareness of the latest trends in the application of enterprise technologies such as intelligent automation and self-service, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of airline regulations as well as EU compliance, with a strong focus on GDPR and Data Privacy
- Management consulting skills
- Strong knowledge of airline, technology best practices and techniques
- Strategic planning in technology
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Adaptability and desire to work in an evolving/start-up environment where policies and processes are being created
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Self-driven, able to build processes with a focus on execution
- Able to work in a consensus driven environment.
- Strong sense of initiative and accountability
- High level of professionalism and work ethics
- Excellent command of both English and Arabic, spoken and written.
- This is a full-time, permanent position and you must acknowledge the requirement to relocate should you be successful in the recruitment process.
- Should you be selected for interview, you must be willing to sign a non-disclosure undertaking before the interview takes place.
- You apply in the understanding that you will be required to provide 2 professional references and a criminal record check should you be successful in the first stage of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hannah Courtney at Line Up Aviation.
Apply for this role
ERP Implementation Manager
Performance & Improvement Project Manager
Quality and Technical Administrator
Early Careers Manager
VIP Private Jet Charter Broker
Fixed Asset Accountant