£65.00 - £75.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Ergonomist Specialist on an initial 12-month contract. Working within the Manufacturing Engineering department of the Broughton Plant, this is an opportunity to influence and drive change in an established wing manufacturing facility.
Role: Ergonomist Specialist
Pay: Up to £75hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Perform ergonomics work analysis of Assembly/ Installation activities
- Provide ergonomics recommendations to address any ergonomic associated risk factors
- Support building ergonomics action plans, suited to the industrial strategy and future evolutions, and validated it with the senior leaders
- Contribute to definition of specifications, call for tenders, and subcontractor piloting in the frame of Ergonomics related outsourced work packages on the specific site.
- Ensure with jigs and machine suppliers that ergonomics is taken into account.
- Develop solutions for risk and hazard reduction using a technical, organisational and a training approach
- Monitor international regulatory and scientific development for deployment and guidance.
- Ensure Ergonomics Tactical Implementation plan for the location is in place and
- maintained up to date.
- Ensure effective communication with the local Health and Safety representatives on Ergonomic associated matters.
- Be ready to support specific ergonomic actions/task forces on other transnational locations.
· Educated to degree (or higher) level in Ergonomics/Human Factors (delivered by an accredited CIEHF higher education body)
· Accredited to (or demonstrated working towards) Registered Membership of the
· Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) or equivalent Knowledge education:
· Physiology (including work analysis, knowledge on human cognitive behaviors )
· Cognitive sciences and applied psychology as cognitive processes (cognitive workload, reasoning, learning, human error, work analysis)
· Good background on human factor sciences, work physiology, biomechanics, cognition.
· Experience in identifying ergonomics risk factors in the workplace (e.g. process, workflow, work organisation); proposing risk mitigation solutions to management
· Experience of all aspects of ergonomics including assessment of working methods, applicable standards, risk ratings, assessment tools, technical report writing and development of technical solutions.
· Experience in anticipating risk (e.g. new designs & processes)
· Knowledge and/or experience of the relevant Regulations and Standards relating to the workplace
· Knowledge on all aspects of ergonomics, both existing and future developments
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
· Previous experience of working in an Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Specialist Electrical Technician
Repair Stress Engineer
Stores and Logistics Officer
Production Test Engineer
Logistics Import Executive
Jigs & Tooling Project Manager
Production Test Engineer