ESM Design Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
£29.89 - £39.55 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit an ESM Design Engineer on an initial 6-month contract. As the ESM Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of design solutions and repair schemes for non-conformances generated during the design, manufacture and test of spacecraft structures and component parts under tight schedule constraints.
Role: ESM Design Engineer
Pay: Up to £39.55 per hour Umbrella, up to £29.89 per hour PAYE
Location: Stevenage – onsite
Contract: Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC clearance but can start on BPSS
- The development of design solutions and repair schemes for non-conformances generated during the design, manufacture and test of spacecraft structures and component parts under tight schedule constraints.
- Interfacing with project managers and other technical departments in order to optimise the technical solutions and resources, and to ensure that all project and qualification requirements for those related items and systems are met.
- Presenting and justifying design concessions at internal and external customer reviews.
- Participating in reviews to ensure all applicable non-conformance and occurrence reports have been satisfactorily closed prior to spacecraft delivery to the launch site;
- Assessing and recommending second closure actions relating to non-conformances to help prevent future similar issues.
- Identifying opportunities for involvement in innovation projects, to investigate and develop new design solutions.
- Focusing on ‘On Quality, On Cost, On Time’ to minimise impact on the projects.
- Attending team meetings to closely follow the project progress and maintain close relations with the project team.
- Supporting the ESM Team Leader with work-package management activities as required.
- Raising significant issues to the project Responsible Engineers as necessary.
- Taking an active role in the identification of improvement and development activities.
Education and Training:
- A degree in mechanical engineering would be advantageous however relevant experience could override this.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer