Export Compliance Officer
£33.00 - £35.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for an Export Compliance Officer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As an Export Compliance Officer, you will be at any step of the presponsible to ensure an end-to-end export control process allowing permanent tracking of project export issues product development and preventing any deficiency related to export that would cause delays, additional cost, or sanctions and fines, support enabling of export compliant business, protect the officers from violations.
Role: Export Compliance Officer
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid working 3 days and 2 days wfh )
Security Clearance: Basic
You will report to the Chief Engineer and be responsible for leading a small team tasked with the maintenance and continuing development of Zephyr Software, you will also report directly to the COO of the HAPS Connectivity Solutions Ltd.
Zephyr is an ultra-light weight, solar electric aircraft which is able to fly persistently, day and night in the stratosphere, for months at a time. The current single tail variant (Zephyr S) completed its successful maiden flight during Engineering Flight Trials (EFT) in Arizona USA in July and August 2018, achieving an endurance of 25 days, 23 hours and 57 minutes (the world record for unrefuelled flight). It continues to pursue and break world records.
- Supporting all Airbus HAPS Connectivity Solutions Ltd. programmes on both a national and transnational basis
- Liaising with business focal points, you will identify and manage export control risks to ensure all impacted activities are conducted in a compliant manner whilst minimising delivery delays and preventing additional costs being incurred.
- Collaboration with the Airbus Export Control Programme Office (the corporate export control team responsible for developing common export control standards across Airbus) will be a key part of your role to ensure the implementation of the Airbus Export Control Directives and Methods across your area of responsibility.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of local processes and work instructions will ensure the companies compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations.
- Contributing, supporting and delivering export control training within both the virtual classroom and face to face environments across the UK sites will maintain the continuing evolution of the culture and awareness around the export control topic.
- Implementing export control and technology control plans across the projects and programmes, within your area of responsibility, you will actively support their compliance minimising delivery delays and preventing additional costs.
- Responsibility for all export licencing activity within your area of responsibility will enable you to identify, co-ordinate, submit, and monitor all activity associated with the export licences across your impacted programmes and projects.
- Briefing projects and programmes on the export licences applicable to their activity you will ensure the business remain aware of their responsibilities related to export control.
- Undertaking periodic internal compliance checks, you will ensure that all activity undertaken within the scope of the applicable export licences and agreements are compliant and all supporting records keeping requirements are met.
- Reporting on company KPIs and producing annual governmental returns will support and demonstrate improvements made by the company though it’s the cultural change and response to export control requirements.
- Co-ordinating and supporting compliance visits as well as both internal and external audits, relating to export control topics, will provide the opportunity to liaise with industry specialists as well as the relevant government authorities.
- Experience working on international trade and export control topics within a multinational environment advising on export control and international trade topics.
- Expert knowledge and experience of managing UK, EU and US export control regulations within a regulated operational environment with a particular focus on ITAR Part 129
- Experience of managing compliance with OFAC regulations
- Experience of 744.3 EAR Regulations especially in the Middle East.
- Strong leadership skills with sound business judgement and the ability to involve others in consultation and decision making.
- Ability to build strong relationships using networking, interpersonal and communication skills enabling credibility and effectiveness in a constantly evolving business environment.
- You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Education & Training
Educated to a degree standard or equivalent training and experience
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”