Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Fabricator on a permanent basis. The role of the Fabricator is out of the ordinary. If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can provide you with one of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
You will be expected to plan, and execute, operations in a safe and controlled manner on behalf of the company in accordance with the HSE at Work act and job specific method statements. You will take ownership of activities and processes within your manufacturing remit and ensure safe working practices.
Salary: Upon Application
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Hours: Monday – Thursday 37 Hours – Overtime Available – 07:30-17:15
To be successful, you will be required to be able to obtain Security Clearance.
- Structural steel fabrication
- Working with high tolerances
- Lining out and marking off
- Interpretation of drawings, and specifications, for fabrication work
- Grinding, burning and drilling
- Use of disc cutters, guillotine and band saws
- Arc air gouging
- Tack welding
- Making moulds and Templates
- Fabrication and fitting ventilation
Experience & Qualifications
- Indentured Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related discipline
- Level 3 Engineering qualification relevant to the role
- You will have the ability to read engineering drawings and interpret work instructions, be competent in the use of handheld and semi-automatic burning equipment and general workshop machinery and tools specific to fabricating.
- Ideally, you will have worked in the marine industry with experience of Royal Navy ships and submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships – although other relevant experience will be considered.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer