Maintenance and Engineering
£46.00 - £52.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance (F&DT) Engineer to join them on 12-month contract. The position requires working cross-programme (SA, LR & A350) within the Broughton plant Engineering team (1AWP) situated on the Broughton site
Role: F&DT Engineer
Pay: F&DT Engineer – Up to £46 per hour Umbrella / F&DT Approvers – up to £52 per hour Umbrella
Location: Broughton – onsite full-time
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 hours per week
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS+ Clearance
- Working as part of the cross-programme F & DT team addressing issues related to the main wingbox, fixed leading edge and trailing edge structures and control surfaces (moveables) on the outer wing that come from the plant.
- Performing F&DT analysis of composite and metallic aircraft structures using standard fatigue, crack growth and residual strength calculations.
- Defining, scoping, and providing technical guidance to F&DT work packages that are worked internally and those that have been sent to suppliers.
- With the appropriate approvals (depending upon the candidates suitability) you will be responsible for approving (L2) F&DT analysis and associated deliverables (stress dossiers, interface loads reports, test and certification reports etc).
- Liaising with the methods and data group in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures are appropriate.
- Providing guidance, in respect of airworthiness regulations and requirements, to the rest of the team as well as advising and supporting the static stress and design group for the continuous product development activity.
- Supporting the Chief Engineers Office in product development tasks, production and in-service issues.
- Supporting the concession teams (SA, LR & A350) with technical advice and in certain circumstances providing technical solutions to particularly complex repairs.
- You may on occasions be required to travel between sites to attend meetings/reviews etc
- Proven experience working as an engineer (5yrs), within the aircraft industry involved in fatigue and crack growth analysis of metallic structures.
- A Robust understanding of the nature of any task with the ability to analyse and independently solve technical problems.
- An understanding of the fundamental method of analysis for fatigue and crack growth and an ability to develop these methods would be a bonus.
- Proven leadership skills, with experience of delivering certification activities.
- Knowledge of aviation policies, methods, data and tools to ensure that all analysis conforms to relevant airworthiness requirements.
- Flexibility and dedication to ensure timely completion of critical activities.
- High regard for internal and external customers, whilst maintaining aircraft integrity as the over-riding principle.
- Experience of PC and mainframe computer systems and good knowledge of the application of FE analysis
- Ability to use F&DT tools (ISAMI or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills including a high level of English on both verbal and written levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer