Field Support Engineer – NH90 Flash Sonic System
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
My client is a global high technology leader investing in digital innovations, connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum technology.
The company provides solutions, services and products that help its customer’s businesses, organizations and states in the defence, aeronautics, space, transportation and digital identity and security markets to fulfill their critical missions, by placing humans at the heart of the decision-making process.
He is looking for:
Role: Field Support Engineer – NH90 Flash Sonic System
Pay: To be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Doha, Qatar
TheField Support Engineer will be mainly responsible to provide technical support to the User/Customer, undertaking technical tasks and providing answers to technical queries covering the Flash Sonics System on-board the NH90.
Working in close coordination with the Project Manager located in France, in Brest, the FSE Flash Sonics will be in charge of delivering the local on-site Support Service:
- Follow the Warranty activities,
- Use the THEye tool to communicate with the factory if necessary,
- Report to the Project Manager any alerts concerning customer issues, opportunities or on-site difficulties that may have an impact on customer satisfaction,
- Deliver monthly reports to PM.
The FSE will also be in charge of all logistics aspect for repairs and DLM Preventive Maintenance:
- Assisting the Customer and DMS France for Shipment & delivery (administrative papers, customs paper, RMA, freight forwarder booking etc…),
- Using company tool: Headlight.
The FSE will be in charge of liaising with End user to follow the stock level, operational aspect, knowledge management.
The FSE will be in charge of diagnostic for failure:
- Bite identification & error code interpretation,
- Systems trouble shooting support,
- End user feedbacks reporting to PM,
- Applied configuration report for each removal.
The FSE shall act as a filter between End-User & Factory, thus being able to identify No Fault Found and prevent equipment to return to factory. To do so, the FSE:
- must be able to provide support to remove or install the systems on-board the helicopters,
- will be involved in OLM & DLM preventive maintenance:
- Schedule monitoring,
- Technical assistance for OLM Preventive Maintenance,
- Communication of the DLM maintenance plan to End User and logistical organization of these maintenances
- Alert the end user regarding completion of consumables,
- Log Card properly filled upon maintenance.
A minimum of 8 years of experience in sonar technologies.
Serving in a National Force (military career) is a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering (electrical, telecommunication, computer, etc.).
- Specific sonar knowledge.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Customer relationship skills: listening as well as clear verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situation appropriately.
- English language: master written and oral English.
- Autonomy and strong team work ability with local and remote management & colleagues.
- Reactive, adaptable & flexible.
- Ensure both your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- Maintain an active role in achieving the objectives and adhering to the company Policy
- Comply with local HSE laws and legislation.
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended.
- Lead by example and actively encourage departments to look at ways to conserve water & energy, minimise the generation of waste, and encourage recycling.
- Every one within the company has the right to stop work if they believe that their activities may affect their health and safety or that of others. In this circumstance, such conditions must be reported immediately to their line manager and the HSE department.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Alessandro Mereghetti at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer