Fitter & Turner Technician
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
My client is a world leader in airplanes/helicopters design and construction and is looking for a Diagnostic Support Engineer to insert in the HUMS teams.
Role: Fitter & Turner Technician
Pay: to be defined on the basis of experience
Location: Melbourne – Australia
Based within our new facility at Fisherman’s Bend the Technician is directly responsible for performing tasks for the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of helicopter components according to specific safety, quality and timely standards (Part-145 environment).
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner
- Perform range of tasks including mechanical assembly, parts cleaning, surface preparation and repair
- Understanding of aviation standards and procedures
- Adequate communication and literacy skills (verbal and written)
- Understanding of relevant maintenance work practices for aviation parts and components
- Maintain competence and authorisation as a Technician
- Ability to perform maintenance tasks according to task instructions to the standard specified
- Complete fully and correctly maintenance records, including ‘sign-off’ tasks within authorisation scope
- Understand tool and equipment serviceability and calibration
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times
- Undertake theoretical, practical and On-The-Job training as required
- Understand own human performance and limitations
- Knowledge of human factors, human performance, and limitations
- Ability to identify and report non-conformances, maintenance errors, and data discrepancies to support continuous improvement
- Australian Citizen with National Police Clearance
- Adhere to Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) policy
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- At least >3 years of relevant technical experience in an engineering, mechanical or related technical environment.
- Excellent hand-skills with a proven track record of precision to high tolerances.
- High attention to detail in accordance with aviation standards.
- Technical understanding of machinery and equipment set-up.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of Human Factor aspects.
- Strong ability to work within a team environment.
- Fluent in English, with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible to train & communicate with our international team members.
- Flexible to travel to Italy for Training as required and learn on the job
- Proactive, reliable, mature, self-starter
- Comfortable working in a growth evolving SME organisation
- Trade Certificate – Engineering, Mechanical, Automotive or similar technical discipline
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1.3 Licensed Engineer AW109 (PW206-207)
Senior Manager IFEC
B2 Boeing Licensed Engineers
Director Of Maintenance
Microwave Design Engineer
RF Systems Engineer