Flight Operations Director
Share this job
I am working with a fantastic client who are seeking a Flight Operations Director to join them on a permanent basis.
Role: Flight Operations Director
Contract: Local operator employment contract
Salary: Remuneration in accordance with experience + benefits
- Compliance within the Flight Operations Department with company policy and legal requirements and to ensure compliance in accordance with Civil Aviation Standards and Regulations
- Providing strong leadership that conveys the company’s commitment to the highest possible safety standards
- The development, maintenance and documentation of procedures to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all company aircraft
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and currency of the company’s Operations Manuals and responsible for the production of KPI’s and other operational documentation
- The preparation and management of the Flight Operations budget to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Responsibility for directing the management of Flight Safety, Line Operations, Training and Discipline within the department
- Represent the company in various capacities within the aviation industry and act as the primary interface with the Civil Aviation Authority, to ensure that the airline’s operations are compliant with the requirements of the AOC
- Responsible for the management and supervision of flight operations in accordance with regulatory requirements including the development and checking of line standards across the fleets
- Hold or have held an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) with A320’s type rating
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil aviation regulations, standards and recommended practices (, ICAO, EASA , FAA, IATA)
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership, strategic vision and managerial competency
- Highly commercial and customer focused.
- Five years of relevant work experience of which at least two years shall be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position
- Previous Post-holder / Nominated Person experience
- Previous experience developing and managing departmental budgets
- Preferably qualification in business management or related field
- Natural teamwork skills with demonstrable experience in leading and managing people
- Highly disciplined individual who sets and works to strict deadlines and ensures that other managers correspondingly adhere to such deadlines
- Creative, innovative and ideas driven; capable of identifying innovative strategic development opportunities and driving the creation of new ideas and/or stimulating other’s, internally or externally to do so.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to fully assess situations, grasp issues, solve problems and make clear concise recommendations on key operational decisions
- Energetic individual who has a clear ability to work with projects in parallel to the core responsibilities of the role.
- Knowledge of Middle East and in particular KSA operation environment is an advantage.