Future Approvals Manager
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Future Approvals Manager to join on them on a 12 months contract. As a Future Approvals Manager, working for the Airbus Zephyr. This is a record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere over many months. Zephyr has held the world record for the longest unrefuelled airplane flight since 2010 and after continuous development, the system is now poised to demonstrate its full potential. This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting programme at the leading edge of global RPAS & High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) operations.
Engaging with national and national regulators, you will be required to investigate future airspace, airworthiness, and operating regulatory frame work for future Zephyr operations at three levels:
- Influence emerging regulatory and air traffic management requirements to enable safe and cost-effective Zephyr operations
- Deliver agreed near-term Regulatory Frame Work(s) into the Operations Team to enable specific Zephyr operations across a number of countries, locations, and airspace boundaries
Role: Future Approvals Manager
Pay: £45.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Farnborough, Hants ( The role will involve considerable business travel)
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion)
Security Clearance: BPSS
Working within Flight Operations and alongside the regulatory authorities you will be responsible for:
- Building strong relationships with National and International regulatory authorities and customers to challenge conventional thinking and lay the regulatory frame work foundations for Zephyr approvals
- Supporting business development teams to devise viable approvals solutions to meet customer and internal requirements
- Working with the and Flight Operations Team and Future Approvals Management to maintain an ambitious approvals roadmap for Zephyr services and capabilities
- Achieving business sign-off for approval deliverables
- Deliver the Regulatory Architecture to the Future Approvals Managers to enable timely service start-up
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies, regulations, and stakeholders for stratospheric RPAS
- Provide internal assurance to the Head of Flight Operations and the accountability chain by way of an annual risk based approach audit schedule across the Operations department
Essential skills and experience
- Well-developed collaboration and relationship-building skills at senior level and preferably in an international aviation environment
- Broad experience in regulatory approvals covering both operational and CAMO domains
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven capability to influence both internally and externally
- Experience at senior level within a regulatory environment with a demonstrable delivery track record
- Ability to interpret, define, develop, and deliver solutions to complex regulation in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to assimilate and apply knowledge of complex and novel technology
- A broad, preferably international network within the aviation and / or RPAS domains
- Experience in dealing directly with aviation authorities at senior level
- A broad knowledge of the latest developments and regulatory changes in the aviation / RPAS and wider aviation domains
- A good understanding of national and international air traffic management, airspace, and flight rules as they pertain to high-altitude RPAS operations
- Sound knowledge of risk management, airworthiness, and safety in an operational aviation application
- Knowledge of global climate and meteorology in the context of high-altitude RPAS operations
- Project management experience and a track record of delivery to time/cost/quality
- Ideally you should be at least degree qualified and hold or previously held a Professional Aviation Licence (B1/2 AML or ATPL)
- Ideally you should of previously held a UK CAA or MAA Form 4 or ARC Signatory
Experience of Aviation Assurance and Risk Based Auditing requirements and techniques
This role will involve considerable business travel.
Individuals must be willing to travel to support the regulators meetings.
The opportunity may be given to train as Remote pilot crew to support flight test campaigns. Individuals will be asked to support the flight test campaigns with up to 8 weeks deployment for each flight test.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Ideally you should be at least degree qualified and hold or previously held a Professional Aviation Licence (B1/2 AML or ATPL)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”