Goods In Inspector
Maintenance and Engineering
£14.36 - £19.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Goods In Inspector on a 6-month contract. As the Goods In Inspector, you will follow processes and procedures to optimise efficiency of working in Space business line and secure readiness of Supply Chain Operations for new satellite platforms for Telecoms and ENS. You will also verify product conformity by executing the defined quality inspection plan.
Role: Goods In Inspector
Pay: £19.00 per hour Umbrella, £14.36 per hour PAYE
Location: Stevenage – onsite
Contract: 6-months, Monday – Friday
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS+ Clearance
- Work with necessary quality inspection plans in close collaboration with Supply Chain and Quality Managers (SCQM) and in alignment with stakeholders (Engineering, Product Assurance, Production etc.)
- Perform all defined quality inspections operations up to the product delivery (including raw material, mechanisms, and standard parts)
- Red flag all the deviations occurring on product, equipment, and jigs & tools.
- Carry out at operational level investigations on any issues, propose and perform containment actions in collaboration with supplier.
- Inform corresponding SCQM and support root cause analysis, corrective & preventive actions, and improvements.
- Participate to team boards and PPS (Practical Problem Solving) board at shop floor and operational level, guide and advise operators to consider any quality aspects.
- Attest conformity of the product with regard to the approved design (e.g., certifying staff)
- Confirm process coherence by steering the concession/waiver signature flow and signing the concession to ensure material availability.
- Secure implementation of robust On Quality monitoring system and development of containment actions with suppliers
Skills / experience required:
- The quality operation is becoming increasingly digitalised so strong computer literacy skills will be needed by the post holder.
- Quality Inspection Experience
- Able to use basic test & inspection Equipment.
- Attention To Detail
- Able to work to manufacturing specifications.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Siobhan Miller at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!
Apply for this role
Research and Development Engineer
Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer
ESM Design Engineer
EASA B1/B2 Licensed Engineers (A320 AND B737CL/NG)
Shot Peen Technician
Design Concession Approver
System Modelling Engineer