£380.00 - £400.00 per day
Share this job
My client is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- You will resolve clearly defined problem statements into design solutions typically up to 6 months in duration.
Role: Hardware Engineer
Pay: £400.00 per day via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Can condense 37 hours into 4 days)
Security Clearance: SC Cleared
You will need to ensure that:
- Electronics hardware is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clint’s standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Client’s standards.
- Appropriate processes, tools and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated electronics hardware development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with the engineering team leader.
- Electronics hardware technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Electronics hardware development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in electronics hardware development tools and methodologies.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development lifecycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing Client on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
- Career development of both the job holder and their team members (if any), by agreeing challenging and business focussed objectives.
- Must have an extensive experience of digital design and implementation for data/voice communications equipment or equivalent using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Must have proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Must have excellent electronics hardware development knowledge.
- Able to carry-out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture and of work package definition and estimation.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good team working skills.
- Experience of electronics hardware development to meet UK approved TEMPEST design criteria.
- Experience of schematic capture.
- Experience of PCB layout.
- Experience of thermal analysis for electronic circuits.
- Recent experience of using one or more of the following tools:
- OrCAD Capture
- OrCAD PCB Designer
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”