Head of Production
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Our client has a unique opportunity for a Head of Production to join them on a permanent basis. As the Head of Production you will be responsible for leading, developing, coaching and supporting the production teams in a Hangar environment, and will be the escalation point for all production matters.
Role: Head of Production
Location: Shannon, Ireland
Hours: Monday to Friday, Full Time
Salary: Discussed Upon Application
- Lead, develop, coach and support the Production teams in the Hangar and be the escalation point for all Production matters, which include driving performance and continuous improvement efforts.
- Build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and employees on all levels.
- Ensure all aircraft and component maintenance contracted by customers is completed and certified in accordance with clear work orders or signed contract.
- Ensure that company procedures and quality standards are complied with when performing maintenance.
- Promote and assist with Initiatives being run by the operations performance & development manager to manage corrective and preventative actions on internal audits.
- Ensure the competence of all personnel engaged in base maintenance, line maintenance and workshops by partnering with the relevant departments to ensure the relevant training and development occurs.
- Provide leadership to the Production team and effectively drives all team and employee support needs such as performance management initiatives, development plans, recognition and training needs (in collaboration with HR & Training functions)
- Partner with the correct stakeholders across the business in a timely and effective manner to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ensure that the quality, productivity, efficiency, management and administration of the Base and Line Maintenance activity is to a standard acceptable to the organisation and aims for continuous improvement of this system.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of sufficient competent personnel to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the work being performed including the necessary resources to support base & occasional line maintenance activities by working closely with the planning manager.
- Responsible for supporting the ongoing recruitment and assessment of competent contract personnel to supplement production labour when required.
- Ensure that the safety procedures and practices outlined in company manuals and industry standards are adhered to by all production staff at all times.
- Ensure that the statutory and other legal requirements in respect of mandatory reporting, hazard reporting and accident/incident reporting are complied with.
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, security and correct usage of the company premises, plant, tools and its equipment, taking particular care relative to health and safety within the working environment.
- Responsible for any corrective and preventive actions required, resulting from audits undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the company MOE.
- Responsible for ensuring the Production Team meet the required commercial objectives of an aircraft.
- Ensure the availability of facilities and a working environment appropriate to the planned work including workshops, office accommodation and storage. Has oversight of tooling and test equipment calibration schedule.
- Carry out any other duties as they relate to the Head of Production function as outlined by your manager.
- The Head of Production is required to be contactable out of hours for emergency related activities
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally a qualified B1 or B2 aircraft engineer during their career
- Recognised management qualification & several years’ management experience.
- Recognised qualifications and experience in continuous improvement, lean or operational excellence.
- Must have excellent organisational, analytical and decision making skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture.
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules.
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating.
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual, committed to team work, and excellence.
- People focused approach to leadership tailoring your approach to achieve the best from the collective team.
- Strategic thinker and operator with a proven ability of linking departmental goals with the company objectives and deadlines.
- Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving, influence, proactivity and sound judgement.
- Problem solver with excellent organizational and project management skills, and the ability to be timely, responsive, and resourceful.
The successful candidate must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Live Build Manufacturing Technician