Health & Safety Co-Ordinator
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £36000.00 per annum
Share this job
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating worldwide for more than 35 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of service.
On behalf of our Heathrow based aviation client, a global engine support company, we are currently recruiting the following role. Our client offers global engine support through their dedicated on-wing support teams and hospital shops based in strategic locations including Hong Kong, the Netherlands, the UK, and the United States.
Job Title: HSE Co-Ordinator
Location: Heathrow Airport
Contract Type: Permanent, Fulltime onsite.
To be successful in your application you will need to hold UK working rights at the time of application.
The HSE Co-ordinator will work pro-actively with the QHSE Manager to establish and maintain safe systems of work, safety standards and a safe environment for colleagues, customers, contractor’s visitors, and members of the public.
Essential: NEBOSH General certificate
Desirable: ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor qualification.
Ensure Company adherence to ISO 9001:2015 for Safety Management Systems
- Ensure compliance with all Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Implement Safety and Environmental Policies to meet the requirements of the standards.
- Drive containment, correction, corrective action and root cause analysis of customer complaints.
- Produce Risk assessments * Maintain and develop internal and external audit programmes in Health & Safety.
- Assist with hosting of all external HSE related audits.
- Carry out Internal Health & Safety Audits.
- Review and set waste packaging targets and submit stats to SEPA
- Chair Health and Safety committee meetings
- Represent QHSE at continuous improvement working groups and Toolbox talks.
- Assist Continuous Improvement Coordinator with 5S responsibilities including audit/inspections.
- Carry out trend analysis for accidents/ incidents.
- Assess proposed vendors and arrange supplier audits.
- Carry out Health & Safety investigations of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Carry out induction and refresher Health & Safety training to all staff.
- Prioritising and planning abilities
- A sound understanding of lean / continuous improvement principles & techniques.
- Effective communication
- Computer skills and good decision-making abilities
- Problem solving
- Applying Health and Safety practices All of the above to be carried out within the guidelines of the company’s Health & Safety Policies.
This is a UK based opportunity, to be successful in your application you must already have the rights to live and work in the UK, sponsorship is not available.
Due to the number of applications that we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
179276 – Assembly and Test Mechanic
Trainee Production Coordinator
Software V&V Engineer
Paint Strip Mechanic
Experienced Aero Engine Mechanics
Part 145 Quality Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Chief Mechanical Engineer