Share this job
Job title: HEMS Commander
Location: Cambridge Airport
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent/4 on 4 off 12-hour days/nights.
Our client operates HEMS and Air Ambulance in support of the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity. This position is for an aircraft Commander, working in a multi-pilot environment, to operate HEMS and Air Ambulance missions, both by day and utilizing NVIS for night operations. They operate in support of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, delivering enhanced emergency medical and trauma care across the region.
- Supporting HEMS, operating the H145 D3 helicopter
- Health and safety responsibilities and strong understanding of required Aviation regulations
- Experience of night tasking
- Hold a UK ATPL (H)
- 1000 hours pilot in command of aircraft of which 500 hours is pilot in command on twin turbine helicopters; or
- 1000 hours as co-pilot in HEMS/Police operations of which 500 hours is as pilot in command under supervision and 100 hours pilot in command of twin turbine helicopters.
- 2000 hours minimum total helicopter experience.
- 500 hours operating experience in twin turbine helicopters in an operational environment similar to the intended operation.
- 20 hours VFR at night as pilot in command.
- Be qualified and instrument rated on both the EC135 and EC145.
- Current or Recent HEMS experience.
- Have experience of flight with Night Vision Goggles.
- The successful candidate will be required to reside within 45 minutes/25 miles of Cambridge Airport or plan for self-funded accommodation.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must have the working rights for the UK and be able to obtain a security clearance.
If you are interested in this role and meet the qualifying requirements, please contact me to discuss this opportunity in complete confidence.