Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer
£30.00 - £32.00 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit an Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer
for an initial 6-month contract. As the Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer you will convert requirements into hardware ensuring safety, legal and company specifications are followed and met.
Role: Industrial Means & Tooling Engineer
Pay: Up to £32 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 6 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: BPSS
- Definition, design and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling for the manufacture, test and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
- Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing. .
- An awareness of safety issues associated with Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Creation of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, testing and safe usage of MGSE to company standards.
- To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
- Able to organise and manage own workload
- The ability to understand and use company systems and software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written (internally and externally)
- Responsible for the delivery of MGSE and Tooling to project on Quality, Cost & Schedule.
- Suggest process improvements considering business benefits
- Takes responsibility for implementing improvements
- Typically 2 year’s relevant experience in a Manufacturing based design engineering role.
- Appreciation of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment & Tooling manufacturing techniques
- Creation of technical reports to cover the use and legislative impacts on all equipment
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications.
- Experienced in dealing with customers and suppliers
- A background in an engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in technical documentation writing
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
AIT RF Test Operator
Clinical Support Technician
Integration and System Validation Engineer
Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Senior Configuration Engineer