Industrial R& T Engineer
£28.00 - £30.97 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Industrial R& T Engineer to join on contract up until the end of 2022. As the Industrial R&T Engineer will be responsible for developing and delivering Powder Metallurgy, Hot Isostatic Pressing & Direct Energy Deposition technology to the ATI funded Landing Gear research portfolio. You will support capability roadmaps which bring together multiple technologies and capabilities that are being developed in the Landing Gear perimeter for future industrial applications.
Role: Industrial R& T Engineer
Pay: £30.97 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: Monday – Friday 35 hours per week, contract till end of 2022
IR35 Status: Inside
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Support evaluation phase of initial test results, provide manufacturing input for project decision making.
- Provide detailed manufacturing feedback for comparison between PM HiP materials (custom 465 & 300M etc), covering machining, distortion (inc correction), managing process variabilities. Review final measurements to determine variations in manufacturing processes
- Assuming successful test results – Support discussions for larger scale demonstrator parts, including manufacturing methods, canister sizing and liaison with the Project partners
- Knowledge capture of the process for PM HiP and machining, also DED, cold working, Heat Treats and machining
- Provide support for TRL 1 (June 2022) and closure of any actions from the review.
- Provide industrial input to TRL 2 & 3 assessments in 2023 – compile industrial data for the criteria and provide summary and evidence to support status & statements.
- Previous experience of R&T projects, particularly engagement from project launch to TRL/MRL6 Previous experience of developing Industrial processes during scoping and implementation phases
- Awareness of PM HiP and/or DED technologies, although this is not essential
- Basic skills to use CATIA / 3DX toolsets
- Basic SAP skills.
- Previous experience of project management skills Fluent English negotiation level (commercial and technical)
- Analytical skills / Problem solving skills
- Strong team player with ability to work across transnational teams
- Self starter who can review the needs of the team and drive themselves
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly & Integration (Stevenage)
Test Equipment Manager
AW Simulator Instructor
Legal Regulation Engineer
Senior Electronics Engineer (Calibration and Maintenance)