IT Systems Support Administrator
Blandford Forum, Dorset
£400 - £450 per day
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an IT Systems Support Administrator to join on an initial 6-month contract. As the IT Systems Support Administrator, you will be giving 1st/2nd/3rd Line Support to circa 50 local IT users, including manning a help desk function with the ownership of all calls and development of solutions in conjunction with suppliers’ support teams for several IT systems using the skills and experiences specified below.
Role: IT Systems Support Administrator
Pay: Up to £450 per day via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Contract: 6-month contract
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Current DV Clearance. UK Eyes only. British Passport holder only
Test Tool Support
- The integrity and configuration management of all Departments IT based test tools and their management workstations/laptops/VDI environments.
- Managing and applying upgrades and patches.
- Ensuring that all documentation, change proposals and ticketing information is maintained and up to date.
- Building test tool management workstations, laptops and building specified disk builds.
- Managing the backup and recovery of VDI Gold Images, Virtual Servers or file data using Veeam.
Operational Task Support
- Building test environments that may include servers, workstations, test tools and IT infrastructure in support of tasks and development.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to other staff when planning and building test environments.
- Creation of the documentation to support task baselines.
- Returning servers, workstations, and infrastructure to a known build standard post-task.
- Support the Change Team in identification, research, and development of appropriate technologies to support the customer requirement in the design process.
- Support the Change team in the development of design solution including High-level Design (HLD) and Low-level Design (LLD) documents, Work Breakdown Structures, and proposal and presentation to the customer.
- Support for the technical delivery and transition into service of the approved design.
Additional Support Activities
- When required to do so, provide IT administration support to other Clients supported IT networks and systems, which may be at sites that are remote from the client site.
- When required by the Service Operations Manager, manage operational or internal tasks in accordance with current task procedures.
A minimum of 5 years as system administrator and knowledge and experience of the following:
- Cisco switches, routers, wireless access points and LAN controllers
- Cisco ASA Firewall installation, build and configuration.
- EPO Server installation, management, and client deployment.
- Microsoft Operating Systems, including Windows 10 and Server 2019.
- SQL Server 2017 and 2019.
- VMware VSphere 7.0.
- VMware Horizon v7.0 and 8.0.
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Microsoft Certificate Services.
- SAN, Servers, and Laptops, specifically iSCSI using Dell and Dell EMC hardware.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 onwards.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
Network Solutions (Cloud & Security) Architect
System Architect – NRS –
IT Systems Support Administrator
Embedded Ada Software Engineer
Software Engineer C++
Software Verification &Validation Engineer
Software Engineer C++ / Java
FPGA Design Engineer