Lead Structures Designer
£38.00 - £40.68 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Lead Structures Engineer to join on them on a contract until the end of 2022. As a Lead Structures Engineer, you will be responsible for enabling, supporting and delivering to current programmes on Time, Cost and Quality.
Role: Lead Structures Designer
Pay: £40.68 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton, Flintshire Hybrid working (3 days onsite and 2 remote)
Contract: To the end of 2022 – 35/37 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Airbus Filton as a Lead Structures Designer within the Wing Design department, within the Commercial Division. In this role, the candidate would be responsible for enabling, supporting and delivering to current Airbus programmes on Time, Cost and Quality.
The candidate will functionally report to a Skill Team Leader and operationally report to a Programme Delivery Team Leader.
- Responsible for the delivery of Design engineering tasks and projects to quality, working with both the Technical and Project leaders to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Technical steering of internal designer, sub-contract, suppliers and partners.
- Lead Design investigations where required to enable DFM milestones to be met to time, cost & quality.
- Integration of the solutions within the Wing as well as other systems and structures of the Aircraft.
- Exploring the best of existing capabilities from around the business and outside of the company to maximize re-use of knowledge and to inspire new ways of doing things.
- Technical risk identification and mitigation support.
- Innovation in design and solution of technical challenges.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team (ME, Systems Installation, Procurement, Quality, Programme etc) to deliver an optimised solution for the business/customer.
- Adherence to Airbus Processes & Procedures with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of the detailed development of metallic or composite structures.
- Worked closely with manufacturing to translate your designs into products and understand the key manufacturing processes, their limitations and the impact design decisions have on the product cost.
- A high level of proficiency with Catia V5 or V6. Airbus Methods training is beneficial but not essential.
- A delegation of Design Check and/or Design Approve or are on a path to delegation.
- Knowledge of product structures, 2D/3D definition dossiers and configuration management.
- Keen to learn about broader technical and non-technical aspects of product development and delivery.
- Able to influence and collaborate to deliver the optimal solutions, either as part of a team or autonomously.
- Able to take ownership of your activities and support your team members by making commitments that you work hard to uphold.
- Able to adapt your message to different audiences and people with different perspectives, with a willingness to take on feedback and to change course when required.
- Curious and innovative with a willingness to challenge the norm and learn/continuous improve.
- Honest, transparent and supportive of their colleagues.
- Ideally knowledgeable of Wing Structures, but not a pre-requisite.
- Willing to travel occasionally, depending upon business needs.
challenging environment where you will be given the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Working in a team that supports each other and looks to have fun along the way.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”