Lead Test Engineer
£26.00 - £28.59 per hour
Share this job
My Yeovil based Aerospace client is growing and is now seeking a Test Engineer to join them on a 3-month contract basis!
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for development and test engineering activities associated with mechanical systems and components, facility upgrades, data acquisition and instrumentation.
Responsibility will be across the Life Support System, Environmental Control System and Hydraulics product lines at both component and system level.
The successful candidate will get hands on experience with test facilities such as performance rigs, high altitude test chambers, acceleration (g) centrifuge, high flow, high/low temperature test cells and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering varied work within an exciting engineering department.
* Flow down of customer and company requirements into test documentation and procedures.
* Test rig design and build in line with applicable requirements and standards.
* Execution of qualification and development testing.
* Gathering and analysis of engineering test data using data acquisition (DAQ) systems.
* Accurate and legible documenting of test results within applicable test reports.
* Acting as a mentor to junior engineers and apprentices to ensure continued development within the test team.
* Using technical expertise to advise project teams and leadership during design reviews and product investigations.
* Assisting in product fault diagnosis and manufacturing/production test issues.
* Identifying opportunities and planning for facility upgrade projects (Capital).
* Adherence to the safe systems of work and relevant departmental and company work instructions is paramount in this position.
* Ensuring test facilities meet HS&E requirements.
* You will need to come from an engineering background and have a strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information effectively
* Ability to work within a cross functional team as well as individually
* Strong analytical mind and attention to detail.
* Competent in the standard Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Knowledge of Honeywell LSS, ECS and/or Hydraulic products.
* A working knowledge of CAD software (NX, Solid works, AutoCAD or similar)
* Bachelor’s degree within a mechanical or electronics engineering discipline OR equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of Honeywell test facilities
* Experience of electronic circuit design
* Experience of pneumatic schematical design
- Monday – Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm on site (37 hours per week)
- Salary: £26.00 – £28.59 per hour PAYE
- Candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”