Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Maintenance and Engineering
Up to £44505.7300 per annum
Share this job
Our client is looking for a Licensed Aircraft Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. You will be providing a CRS signature as required for all work carried out on company aircraft.
Role: Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Location: Glasgow/Flexible. This role is based at Glasgow Airport but there are LAFT2 sites across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and this role can be required to work from anywhere. You should also expect to support up to eight weeks of deployed operations per year (within the UK).
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: Discussed on application
What you’ll be doing:
- CRS signature – Provide a CRS signature when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after either defect rectification or scheduled maintenance.
- Supervise – Supervise engineering and Flight Line activity on Company aircraft and associated equipment in conformity with authorised schedules, technical publications and instructions ensuring highest standards of maintenance are maintained.
- Maintenance – To undertake scheduled and corrective maintenance of the Aircraft fleet to ensure airworthiness is maintained to meet customer requirements on a daily basis.
- Defects and Reports – Undertake or supervise as directed, the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of defects and submission of reports as required.
- Documentation – To complete “all” documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
- RAL – Maintain/monitor RAL operations to ensure accuracy of input and compliance with procedures.
- Aircraft/Equipment Documentation – Complete all aircraft and equipment maintenance documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures.
- Flight-line Operations – Carry out Flight-line operations in accordance with company procedures.
- Technical Support – Provide technical support to other LAFT sites as required, as well as being available for longer term detachments if required in support of Camps.
- Total Safety – Champion a Total safety Approach. Ensure full compliance at all times with all relevant Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) regulations and exercise a Duty of Care promoting a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- Best Practice – Promote best practice, report bad practice and non-compliance and take preventative action to ensure continual improvement in the organisation.
- Engineering Input – Provide engineering input to complete Incident reports and CAA MOR’s as required.
- General Duties – General duties as required, including, driving, stores duties, housekeeping etc., and other responsibilities as allocated by Management.
- Other Sites – To provide Technical Support to other LAFT sites as required.
- Inventories – Take over and control Company and Authority Tool and Test Equipment Inventory. Manage any/all inventories as required.
- Mentoring – Mentor new starters.
- Policies – Adhere to and champion Policies e.g. Diversity, Home Safe, Dignity & Respect.
- Other Duties – Carry out any other duties as required to support the contract.
- Appraisals – Carry out annual appraisals on all reports.
- EASA/CAA Part 66, B1/B1.2 license
- Driving License
- Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
- Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
- Technically competent.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Promotes best practice at all times.
- Supports a culture of high performance.
- Communicates well in order to deliver the task objectives.
- Committed to delivery of contract objectives.
- Promotes a partnering approach to managing people and the business.
- Demonstrates an active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation.
- Ability to ensure timely action to achieve desired output
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this will include obtaining security clearance (SC) level of security clearances).
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately!
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer