Line Maintenance Team Leader
Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
A great opportunity has arisen with my client for a Line Maintenance Team Leader on a permanent basis. The opportunity is suitable for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Team Leader seeking a role in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
Role: Line Maintenance Team Leader
Salary: Upon Application
- Leading through motivation and example of his/her assigned team to ensure a timely progression of work and the efficient allocation of tasks to Team members.
- Take an active role in the Development of Team members including the development of assigned Trainees.
- Support and advise the Manager of rostering requirements to ensure the aircraft milestones and targets can be achieved. Lead assigned AMT’s and ensure progress is made on the aircraft in line with the project network plan and line maintenance schedules.
- Take ownership of the Bill of Work and Matstat, Manhours and commercial data and have an in-depth knowledge of the status of all items on both. Ensure all Materials are ordered accurately on time and in the correct quantities.
- Perform Certification of their own work and the work performed by their assigned team members in a timely manner. Perform Final Release on aircraft.
- Lead trouble shooting and solve technical problems on aircraft transitions and line maintenance aircraft.
- Work with other Leaders to ensure a controlled and professional handover of the aircraft to the customer.
- Provide technical assistance to others, including other specialisations. Assist AMT’s with blocks that prevent them from completing assigned tasks. Ensure all targets (man-hour, material, milestones etc) set for their aircraft are achieved and / or beat in a timely manner.
- Continuously review and actively participate in the identification of systems and procedures that impede performance. Take an active role in the implementation of solutions for process improvements in these areas.
- Lead Cost Centre and Ancillary Projects as assigned by the Manager. Deputise for other Leaders as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold an EASA 66 B1 approval and have the ability to attain an EASA 66 B2 approval. Multiple aircraft types would be advantage. However, the following are required:
- Boeing B757-2/300 Airframe Approval with both the RB211-535 & PW2000 Engine Approvals (showing currency)
- Boeing B767-2/3/400 Airframe Approval with both the CF6-80C & PW4000 Engine Approvals (showing currency)
- Employees in Line Maintenance are required to attain Line Maintenance Approvals and remain current on customer training requirements.
- All employees working the Line Maintenance working pattern are required to attain Final Release Approval on aircraft types agreed with their Manager.
- Excellent technical knowledge of aircraft, with high levels of experience and exposure to base and line maintenance. Line Maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of aircraft documentation, legislation and ability to interpret other technical work orders.
- Ability to use and work with MS Office products, ERP and other software packages
- You could be required to travel on Company business from time to time.
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation –
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer – Manchester
B1 Licensed Engineer – A380
Electrical Calibration Operator
MRO Regional Manager – A&P Licensed
Maintenance Manager – A&P Licensed
Aerospace Senior Mechanical Design Engineer