£70.00 - £76.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Linux Administrator to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a Linux Administrator, you will be responsible for the development of that project’s Red Hat solution – an essential underpinning IT infrastructure capability for the project, developing a build environment with Satellite and Ansible
and deploying and configuring servers using this build environment
Role: Linux Administrator
Pay: £76.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Hybrid is an option at business discretion)
This role will be working on site full time for all hands on administration work – with some opportunity for working from home in design/development phases.
Security Clearance: Current SC Clearance
- Develop and implement a build environment.
- Deploy and configuring servers.
- Document the deployment platform and server configuration.
- Security hardening systems.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify their requirements and expected outcome.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
- Identify the right tools to deliver an appropriate solution.
- Work with other IT teams to support service integration, and retention requirements based on the input of the business.
- Work with Security to ensure that solutions comply with regulatory and security policies.
- Also ensure that these solutions adhere to organizational values; enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Recommend improvements to existing infrastructure and processes.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of system performance.
- Troubleshoot and implement fixes to systems as needed.
- Smooth the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
- Experience developing and improving Ansible playbooks and roles; specifically as part of a build process.
- Shell Scripting (bash/python/perl/ksh…)
- Revision control tools e.g. Git, Subversion (SVN), Bitbucket, Mercurial
- RHEL Administration
- Management of Red Hat Satellite
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience supporting systems running databases
- Linux administrator of at least 5 years of experience
- Implementation of Linux Directory Services (LDAP), specifically with respect to Linux/Windows integration
- OS Hardening
- Storage products (Netapp/EVA)
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
Target Industries Space, Defence and Cyber Security.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”