Maintenance and Engineering
Share this job
Role: Maintenance Controller
Location: Brize Norton
Duration: 12 months
Shift: 12 hours, 7am to 7pm, Monday to Thursday, then 12 hours, 7am to 7pm, Tuesday to Friday, repeating.
On behalf of our client, a leading aviation MRO specialising in defence aircraft, we are seeking to recruit two Maintenance Controllers for 12-month contract based in Brize Norton with immediate starts.
Reporting to the MOC Lead Engineer:
- Contribute to the MOC Log with regards to maintenance issues and capturing operational actions.
- Monitor incoming emails providing follow up and categorisation.
- Provide 2-way communications to the Line Rectification Controller and DEOC (RAF Duty Engineering Operations Centre) for any operational impacts (i.e. technical delays, changes in aircraft / departure timings).
- Contact on call personnel as directed by MOC Engineer
- Action Cascade callouts as directed by MOC Engineer
- Receive incoming calls, assisting where possible, or directing to the appropriate person / department, taking actions for the MOC Engineer if unavailable (e.g. during breaks / meetings).
- Receive aircraft data from deployed aircraft update the Fleet Status Board as and when required.
- Receive and issue Role Change requests for tasking.
- Interact with and assist all AIOC colleagues (Planning, Logistics and Operations) with the focus to achieve optimum effective aircraft availability.
- Maintain the Cannibalisation Register and archive folders
- Maintain an overview of the fleet long term Acceptable Deferred Faults (ADFs) and assist with any escalations required for rectification.
- Monitor AOG situations and assist the MOC Engineer to expediently provide recovery actions to the deployed Ground Engineers and ensure the AOG status is reflected correctly on the Status Board.
- Monitor daily required urgent spares, liaise with the PT.145, LogOps and MSSR. Progress chase until resolution.
- Register TQN’s (Technical Query Notes) into the CRM tool.
- Provide MOC KPIs including SQCDP to be reported every Monday
- Assist with compiling reports, including the UK Availability Report and AOG reports
- Carry out Part-M/FTAM MDS actions as required OOH in line with access permissions.
- Submit In-Service Event Reports (ISER) when required.
- Participating in department continuous improvement process.
- Follow all relevant Atlas Procedures and maintain the Atlas 809 competencies required as an MSE
- Fire Marshall activities in the event that the fire alarm is signalled (voluntary) – if trained).
- Prior experience working in an aviation maintenance environment is a must.
- Extensive administrative/office experience is mandatory for this role due to its complexity and fast paced nature.
- The ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold a minimum of UK BPSS at start with a UKSC (no caveats) within 1 month.
- Driving licence and own car – required due to location of AIOC
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Grant Jones at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for this role
Software Test Engineer
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Helicopter Diagnostic Engineer – HUMS
Systems Performance Engineer
Skilled Electrical Wireman C&M
Production Test Engineer
Principal Thermal Engineer