MAIT Process Engineer
£25.00 - £31.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a MAIT Process Engineer to join on them on a 6 month contract. As a MAIT Process Engineer, you will be responsible for providing Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within MAIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products.
Role: MAIT Process Engineer
Pay: £31.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Stevenage (Onsite)
Contract: 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday – Friday (Monday to Friday days
Option to change to weekly rotating double day shifts midway through assignment)
Security Clearance: Basic
REPORTING TO: AIT Manufacturing Engineering Manager
MAIT Engineering Teams
MAIT Operations team Leader(s)
MAIT Production Control
MAIT Quality Team
MAIT Delivery Manager
MAIT R&D / R&T Team
MAIT Improvements Team
MAIT Industrial Engineers
Cross site MAIT Engineering teams
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technicians, Inspectors, team leaders and KPO’s as and when needed
- Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
- Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out – (materials, tooling, requirements and methodology)
- Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning PPS’s.
- Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, process owners, MAIT management, and design)
- Ensure that feedback is provided from the cleanroom and to the Process Owners so that the current processes can be updated to improve them / remove non-quality.
- Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Support training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
- Ensure where possible that ME process and procedures are standardised, optimised, current and usable by work with Process Owners to identify future improvements.
- Design of day to day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
- Support the use of MGSE and Tooling and ensure feedback is provided to the MGSE team for issues and improvements.
- Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
- Extensive experience in the use of a digital Manufacturing Execution System such as 3DX Delmia (DM) and Delmia Apriso (MES)
- Experience in creating Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOM) consuming parts from the Engineering Digital Definition (EBOM)
- Process creation from standard library, creation of 3D works instructions and manipulation and annotation of 3D views for standard operating procedures.
- Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the space/aerospace industry – with a realistic minimum of five years’ experience
- Mechanical & Electrical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
- Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
- Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experience or other similar systems
- Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Procedures and process control.
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
- Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the “on call” rota process, as and when required.
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good planning skills and process competence (MRP/SAP system experience an advantage
- A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
- Clean room experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
Occasional travel to other UK sites
Probable extension after initial contract duration
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”