Maintenance and Engineering
£32 - £36.16 per hour
Share this job
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join on an initial 12-month contract. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for work preparation to industrialised minor and major modifications for Single Aisle aircraft.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £36.16 per hour via Umbrella
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Contract: 12-month contract – likelihood of extension
Location: Broughton – mainly onsite
IR35 Status: Inside
SC Clearance: Basic clearance
- Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data for use in aircraft detail manufacture, assembly, test, and certification, utilising current business tools.
- Implement best practice methods, tools, and processes from first principles to meet current and future business requirements.
- Deliver detailed work preparation definition (routings, BOM’s, SOI’s, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meet departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools, and process improvements, including implementation strategies in accordance with business requirements.
- Evaluate capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
- Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines.
- Knowledge of lean principles.
- Application and knowledge of the current business management tools, as below:
- SAP APD and PEA systems
- DPDS/PASS and PDM link systems
- MTM TiCon systems
- Microsoft / Google office tools
- Training for the above will also be provided for a suitable candidate
- Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions.
- Degree/HND/HNC/NVQ4 in Engineering or closely related subject, or
- Lower academic qualifications combined with 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering environment, or Higher Apprenticeship or equivalent in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Design, and other Business Information Systems.
- Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures.
- Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing Engineering and Business functions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills, and self-motivated are desirable
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ellie Laflain at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Apply for this role
B1 Licensed Engineer
Digital Learning Specialist
Program Quality Engineer
B1.1 on A320 Munich
B1 or B2 on 757, 767, A320, A330 Neo Frankfurt