£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Manufacturing Engineer, acts as the main technical Manufacturing interface into a Product Line/Integrated Project Team. They must ensure the alignment of the design of all make items with the manufacturing capability of the business to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements and co-ordinate any developments where necessary
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Portsmouth – on site
Contract: 12 Months – 37 hours per week Monday – Friday days
Monday to Friday – fortnightly rotating double day shifts once project hardware is in full swing
* Manage all aspects of New Product Introduction to Manufacturing and Facilities for areas of responsibility, ensuring that all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the Company standards and Customer satisfaction.
* Deliver all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (Work Instructions, routings, cost models, proposals etc) in line with the business processes.
* Identify any Manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion and work across the team to resolve the issues.
* Provide Manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities including NCRs, IRB/NRBs and Kaizans.
* Identify operational performance and technical risks through systematic monitors and propose mitigations/resolutions.
* Deliver continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of Manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitivity of the Product Line.
* Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
* Implement / conform to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
* Implement the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
* Continuously develop own Manufacturing Engineering skill base. Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Skills and Experience
* Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business
* Degree or equivalent professional experience. No less than 3 years experience of Engineering within the space, aerospace or military electronics engineering sector.
* Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
* Experienced in working within a matrix structure. Demonstrable team-working skillset.
* Proactive, with the proven ability to implement change to the benefit of the business.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with people of all levels of the business.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”