£34.00 - £36.16 per hour
Share this job
My client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join on them on a 12 month contract. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Single Aisle programme. The role is primarily focusing on work preparation to industrialise minor and major modifications for Single Aisle aircraft. The applicant should be competent in the modification of aircraft supporting both mechanical and electrical systems. They will work as part of a multifunctional team to ensure industrialisation into production.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Pay: £36.16 per hour via Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Broughton (Hybrid, 3 days work onsite 2 days WFH)
Contract: 12 Months – 35 hours per week Monday – Friday
Security Clearance: Basic
- Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data for use in aircraft detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification, utilising current business tools.
- Implement best practice methods, tools and processes from first principles to meet current and future business requirements.
- Deliver detailed work preparation definition (routings, BOM’s, SOI’s, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meets departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools and process improvements, including implementation strategies in accordance with business requirements.
- Evaluate capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
- Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines.
- Knowledge of lean principles.
- Application and knowledge of the current business management tools, ideally SAP
- Ability to operate from first principles in manufacturing disciplines and activities requiring technical skills and knowledge to make daily business decisions.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Design and other Business Information Systems.
- Experienced knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures.
- Understanding of relationships and interactions with other Manufacturing Engineering and Business functions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills, and self-motivated are desirable.
- Ideally has Airbus experience
- Mechanical engineering experience
- Knowledge of aircraft production and manufacturing ideal
- SAP system experience
- Working in the SA Work Preparation team looking at introducing change into the production system including modifications, projects and improvements.
Education & Training
Essential – Strong experience in a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Sarah Budd at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Due to the number of applications, we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”